Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    I cant find a link but they JUST had a story on our local news about one that caught on fire and destroyed a child's room. Unfortunately, I was paying attention to the bbb and I cant find a link but might be something to look into to check the circumstances before buying?
    Looks like Amazon is selling a bunch that ship from China that people are having problems with . I ended up ordering a swagway. Fingers crossed our
    House doesn't burn down!

Ann

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Ordered a swagway too...fingers crossed! Amazon was overwhelming!

Quote Originally Posted by cckwmh View Post
    I Ordered a swagway too...fingers crossed! Amazon was overwhelming!
    Yeah, I just kept reading so many negative reviews of the ones shipped from China plus they didn't guarantee
    Before Christmas shipping .

Ann

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Here's the story about the fire. It's a concern...I can't see having to be home or awake every time it needs charging to make sure there isn't a fire.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/hoverboar...190445162.html
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

Quote Originally Posted by Pennylane View Post
    Yeah, I just kept reading so many negative reviews of the ones shipped from China plus they didn't guarantee
    Before Christmas shipping .

Ann

Where did you order from? I listened to an NPR story about these & it sounds like they all come from China... Is swagway manufactured elsewhere?

pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I just received the one I ordered from Kohls. http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-242...sp?color=Black
    It will be a birthday gift for DH and DS8 for the family to test out and play with. It came fully charged and I took it for a test ride around the second floor of our house. When I first stepped on I almost fell backwards, but was then able to step on and get my balance. I have ridden Segways a few times, and this was harder than that. I was able to slowly ride out of the bedroom, down the hall making a couple small turns to re-orient. Then I did a 180 and came back to the bedroom. All without falling off. I was scared to step off, but made sure I had a hand on the dresser to help and did okay.
    Ours has a 200lb weight limit, and I am currently 220 and it moved on carpet easily. I suppose I just wouldn't be able to move as fast as my 80lb child, and that is just fine.

Anyway, the outer box says it was initially shipped from China, although it had the Kohls packing slip and label on it.
    mom to Billy 12/07

Quote Originally Posted by daphne View Post
    Where did you order from? I listened to an NPR story about these & it sounds like they all come from China... Is swagway manufactured elsewhere?
    I would be absolutely shocked if a hoverboard WASN'T manufactured in China.

Quote Originally Posted by elmojessi View Post
    I would be absolutely shocked if a hoverboard WASN'T manufactured in China.
    It may have been manufactured in China but all the ones that I could find on Amazon we're shipping from China and wouldn't arrive until after Christmas. From what I read Swagway has shipping locations inside be US. They also use a Samsung Lithium battery which others don't . It is one of the original ones , hence the extra cost.

We will definitely be extra careful regardless and of course now I am questioning ever ordering it!

Ann

We ordered from Swagway to get one for DS and DD. I just read the news stories about two separate fires caused by these. I am going to be extremely nervous while these are charging. I am hoping that the Samsung Lithium battery used in their model is safe. If I had known about the fire hazard previously, I do not know if I would have ordered these, although these are the "must-have" toy for my kid's peers this year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3