Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Accountability thread for holiday time workouts

2 years ago I made a concerted effort to maintain my normal workout schedule during the busy holiday season. Unlike the past years, I'm not in a good gym groove. I thought others might be like me and maybe an accountability thread would be a good idea. My old gym had fun challenges at the holiday season to keep you coming but my new gym doesn't have them.
    So, if you need an extra bit of motivation to maintain your normal workouts, post here. When you hit the gym, trail, studio...tell us about it.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Trying to get to the gym 3x a week! Need a kick
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks for starting this!! I need to get back to the gym. It's on the schedule for Monday morning!

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Going today to lift weights and run. I started a lifting program and am doing a 5k in Jan.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I haven't been exercising : but I have been really great about cutting calories. I've lost 10 pounds in 2 months. It's the most progress I've made in the last 2 years. But I'm worried about the holidays coming up. I get stressed and depressed and then eat. And there are going to be some yummy goodies coming up. Am I still allowed to chime in on this thread??
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    I haven't been exercising : but I have been really great about cutting calories. I've lost 10 pounds in 2 months. It's the most progress I've made in the last 2 years. But I'm worried about the holidays coming up. I get stressed and depressed and then eat. And there are going to be some yummy goodies coming up. Am I still allowed to chime in on this thread??
    Sure! And great job!

Went today for some cardio and weights. Zumba tomorrow.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

crossfit today
    20 front squats @ 15#

3 rounds for time
    500m row
    12 push presses @ 35#
    9 burpies
    6 pull ups
    16:29 minutes
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Didn't make it to the gym to swim but walked / jogged on the treadmill. Planning for Wednesday!

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

It was hard sticking to my calorie limit yesterday. The kids were eating jelly bellies they got at halloween during homework. I ate a few but stayed within my calorie limit. I was rewarded because the scale said 153.5 lbs this morning !!! That is the lowest I've been in probably 3 years!!!! I have renewed motivation to stick wth it!! (Well, at least until I get hungry)
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast