Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    daisysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Battered women's shelter. I gave most of our baby and children's stuff to one. They names and addresses of those places are very private for fear of husband retaliation but I had a friend that volunteered and said that women come with kids on their pajamas with not a toy etc

I agree with the battered women's shelter but I also donate to my library when they do an annual tag sale. We don't do church but there are churches around here that accept donations for tag sales.
    DD '06
    DD '14

Op, I just donated my small batch of outgrown toys to a pregnancy center that gives those items to low income families. Check if your town or surrounding towns has one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Pre schools, churches or temples, daycare centers, small charities or foster homes. Also you could post on various mommy boards on Facebook and offer for free. Tons of people will reply. Even curbside or donate to garage sales. Please don't throw them out if they are in good and safe working order. There are so many people who would be thrilled to get toys for their LO that they can't afford.

zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Also- teen parent programs, in your local school district, are good options! Libraries, children's hospitals, etc, might also have a need.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by zag95 View Post
    Also- teen parent programs, in your local school district, are good options! Libraries, children's hospitals, etc, might also have a need.
    Children's hospitals actually prefer new-in-box for infection control reasons. The ones we donate to actually have Amazon WishLists.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMommy View Post
    Pre schools, churches or temples, daycare centers, small charities or foster homes. Also you could post on various mommy boards on Facebook and offer for free. Tons of people will reply. Even curbside or donate to garage sales. Please don't throw them out if they are in good and safe working order. There are so many people who would be thrilled to get toys for their LO that they can't afford.
    That's what I'm getting at - most of the things I'm looking to offload are in near-mint condition, but DD has outgrown them.

It strikes me as supremely wasteful to throw them away without making a good faith effort to find someone who can use them.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Why not just schedule the Veterans to come? They'll distribute things appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Why not just schedule the Veterans to come? They'll distribute things appropriately.
    We just got a postcard for one of the vets organizations today. I have to think about it; they will be in our area in about 2 weeks.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    We just got a postcard for one of the vets organizations today. I have to think about it; they will be in our area in about 2 weeks.
    Go to their website. You can often schedule them to come within 1-3 days.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast