Thread: Book deals?

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Book deals?

DD1 wants chapter books for Christmas. I was going to order some gently used ones on Amazon or Ebay but was wondering if online bookstores like B&N will be doing any Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals that are worth waiting for? Like a certain percent or dollar amount of a purchase?

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Some book series have boxed sets that are good deals. I think Magic Tree House and My Weird School each have sets that average around $2 per book.

Depending upon what you are looking for, Coscto has a number of boxed sets.
    Green Tea, mom to three

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

better world books may have a good sale for BF. They often have some good sales on used books.

Do you have a scholastic warehouse near you? I love to shop their sales (usually they have one beginning of Dec) Most things are 50-80% off.
    http://www.scholastic.com/bookfairs/warehouse/
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks, I will keep an eye at Better World Books (that is actually the seller I was looking at for used books at Amazon.) She wants more of the Cupcake Diaries series (has the first one), so I was looking at the boxed sets or the ones that have 4 books in one.

I didn't realize that Scholastic Warehouse has a December sale. We went to one last spring and stocked up on books, she would like to do that again.

Quote Originally Posted by kristac View Post
    better world books may have a good sale for BF. They often have some good sales on used books.

Do you have a scholastic warehouse near you? I love to shop their sales (usually they have one beginning of Dec) Most things are 50-80% off.
    http://www.scholastic.com/bookfairs/warehouse/
    I have never been to one, but just looked and we have one in town in mid December. I would love to go, is there anything I should know about it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17