♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default dollhouse recommendations?

My DD (4.5yo) says she wants a dollhouse for Christmas. I think she wants one of those really big "dreamhouse" ones (multi-story, lots of rooms, stands up on its own, etc). Would love to hear recommendations.

She has the pink Melissa & Doug Fold-and-Go castle and she does play with that occasionally but she says she wants something big enough to play with her Anna & Elsa dolls (size of Barbie dolls). Also she says she wants something with real furniture (has tables, toilet, etc). What is like that..like a barbie dream house? I am clueless here (my oldest has always been nothing but trains, trains trains so this is my first venture into big toys outside this realm). I did get DD a Talking Dora dollhouse from CL few years back but she almost never plays with it now..i think it's not big enough to fit other dolls etc.

Any recommendations and/or deals? Size is not an issue, we have plenty of space in kids play area, so the bigger the better probably. DS (almost 6) won't admit it but i'm almost certain he'll end up playing it with her

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

The bigger the better for dollhouses IMO. They allow for play by more kids. For Barbie size you need one that accommodates "12" fashion dolls".

This is a nice one: http://www.amazon.com/KidKraft-65826...ized+dollhouse
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

My DD has announced she wants one too, but Hannukah is NOT Christmas, so I've been looking more at DIY Dollhouses for the future that she can help contribute to.

If you're on a budget, there are some pretty awesome dollhouses parents have made with Ikea furniture. I am quite fond of this one Ikea also sells some furniture for your potential dollhouse.
    Mother to DD 10/2010

A friend bought a Kidkraft dollhouse on Craigslist. They were the 3rd owners, and that thing is still living, 4 years later, with daily play at an in-home daycare.

It seems like Costco gets them occasionally for a good price.

We got a big Kidkraft dollhouse from Costco. It came with furniture, and cost around $100.
    DD1 '08
    DD2 '10

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Another vote for any Kidkraft dollhouse. Do you have Costco membership?

http://www.costco.com/dollhouses.html

My favorites are the Kidkraft Majestic Mansion and the Kidkraft So Chic (360 degrees of play). If you have room for it, I say go for the So Chic!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/KidKraft-M...iture/15522243

http://www.walmart.com/ip/KidKraft-S...iture/16004803
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thank you everyone!! I forgot about Costco (we are regular members).

i am leaning towards this one..seems like good deal for the price ($100).
    http://www.costco.com/KidKraft-Luxur...100145732.html

the Frozen one looks pretty cool too (esp since DD loves her Anna & Elsa) but it's more $$ and i don't think it will get as much use in the long run..wanted something more classic/timeless. DD kept saying she wanted a big dollhouse with "stuff in it", like toilet (she specifically said wanted a dollhouse "with a potty") so one above seems to pretty much fit the bill!

i did look at Craigslist, but most people wanted $100 for Kidkraft dollhouse (nuts)...i figured i will buy new at that price.

thanks all!!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    thank you everyone!! I forgot about Costco (we are regular members).

i am leaning towards this one..seems like good deal for the price ($100).
    http://www.costco.com/KidKraft-Luxur...100145732.html

the Frozen one looks pretty cool too (esp since DD loves her Anna & Elsa) but it's more $$ and i don't think it will get as much use in the long run..wanted something more classic/timeless. DD kept saying she wanted a big dollhouse with "stuff in it", like toilet (she specifically said wanted a dollhouse "with a potty") so one above seems to pretty much fit the bill!

i did look at Craigslist, but most people wanted $100 for Kidkraft dollhouse (nuts)...i figured i will buy new at that price.

thanks all!!
    Personally, I would do the $100 KidCraft one over the Frozen one. Last year everything had to be Frozen with my DD and this year she is mostly over Frozen. For a dollhouse I would want something with more staying power.
    Mother to DD 10/2010

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

That Kidkraft one looks coo. Or I'd go with the Barbie Dreamhouse. It has so many cool features!

Whatever dollhouse you decide on you could consider the FP loving dollhouse for the accessories. They have ones that make noises, like kitchen pieces, and singing fireplace, and they do have a toilet too.