mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default How do you store costume/everyday jewelry?

I'm doing a bunch of organizing and realize that I need a better system to store my jewelry. I have several pretty necklaces and earrings that just don't see the light of day because I haven't come up with a good way to keep them untangled, easily visible and accessible.

I've looked at the jewelry boxes in stores and online but nothing seems to be clicking. Ideas??

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have this in my closet and love it! It holds almost all of my jewelry. The non-costume necklaces are in velvet bags that I hang from the hooks. I love that everything is visible.

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden...6/product.html

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I have the same jewelry closet that mmsmom linked to. I have it in my closet and I love it too. I keep all my necklaces and most of my brackets in it.

I also have 2 narrow drawers in my dresser that have very shallow organizers in them with small compartments. It's where I keep my earrings, some bracelet cuffs, brooches and DH's cuff links.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I have a hanging one. Goes on a closet rail.

I use a tie rack...can see everything and keeps it well organized. I keep earrings in a box with dividers.