AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Xmas gifts for kids.....is this enough?

DD1, 9:
    want: American Girl Mary Ellen doll, plus accessories and books (I wish they would just sell everything in one package.....got this for 40% off using Costco AG 20% off gift cards ($100 for $80), and 20% off website sale)
    want: White Rabbit Tsum Tsum
    game: Simon game
    interest: (this was originally going to be a set of lego books, but DD1 is really into fashion and I thought she would like these) Fashion Plates starter set, and expansion set
    clothes: Lands End puffer vest
    clothes: Cherokee pink pea coat with furry hood
    stocking: DH does the stocking stuffers so I have no idea what he will get

DD2, 5:
    want: kiddy remote control care (this was $17)
    want: Magformers (30 piece set)
    want: mermaid swim fin
    game: Minion Memory
    books: Harold & The Purple Crayon: North Pole (stocking stuffer)
    books: Nana Upstairs, Nana Downstairs
    books: Stella Luna
    books: Bitty Baby Tea Party
    clothes: Cherokee pink pea coat with furry hood (this is really the only clothing item she needs)
    interest: Tupperware Kids party set
    stocking: swim cap, and goggles, and The Best of Sweet (DD2's fave. song is Fox on the Run)

I am more worried about DD1 than DD2 as DD1's stuff is larger and costs more, but she is still very much into my sister got x amount and I only got y amount, and I don't want her being bummed out. As much as we love the holidays we aren't huge spenders for holiday stuff. Less the stocking stuffers with discounts and whatnot DD1's stuff adds up to about $200, and DD2's is about $150.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sounds like plenty to me. We spend about $100 for each boy. It is a couple of bigger things, and then smaller accessories for the toys. We don't do clothes or books though, only toys.

Wrap as much of DD1's stuff in separate boxes as you can and group DD2's stuff into boxes so they each have the same number of packages. My DS looks at who has the packages under the tree vs. what is in them so it has worked for us so far!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    Wrap as much of DD1's stuff in separate boxes as you can and group DD2's stuff into boxes so they each have the same number of packages. My DS looks at who has the packages under the tree vs. what is in them so it has worked for us so far!
    We do this too! My older DS is 6, and he cares more about same number of packages to unwrap vs how many things total.

ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We try to keep the number of wrapped gifts even or close to even too. We take turns unwrapping gifts and watching, so if one kid had way more than another they would catch on to that quickly and there would be unhappiness.

So far my girls have told Santa that they want books (DD1) and toys (DD2). Not much specifics to go on, so I hope they like the surprises I got for them!

I think it sounds like plenty, but if you are concerned maybe throw in a couple of inexpensive books, or clothing items DD1 will be needing soon anyway? New leggings, jeans, fun socks, or t-shirt?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

It's plenty IMo and more than mine are getting. Probably 3-4 things plus stockings.

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think it's more than plenty, but I get your concern.

Personally - I'd get a few books for DD1. I was checking out the categories (I thought there was a theme originally, like want/ need/ wear / read) and noticed that DD2 had books but not DD1. Plus, books give her something to do once the glitz has worn off.

we do want/need/wear/read and one santa gift along with a stocking, so the kids get 5 gifts and a stocking each. To me, your list looks great.
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I think it's plenty. I'd wrap a few books together for DD2. What mermaid fin did you get? Those aren't cheap. Neither are Magformers. Those 2 things might be about what the AG stuff is.
    Kris