niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Very Skinny Jeans

Thanks all for the recommendations for skinny sweatpants. We found 2 pairs for DS that work after many discards. Now it's on to the jeans search. For a few years Old Navy skinny jeans were the go to. DS needs size 10 for length but the waist and crotch area are very baggy on him even with the adjustable waist pulled all the way tight. I'm taking him in to try their Super Skinny Jeans as those have worked too, but I think it'll just be the same waist/hip with a skinnier leg. They have slim fit skinny jeans, but are sold out in his size - He may just have to wear his size 8 jeans that are getting too short until they restock the slim skinny jeans.

DS is growing taller but his waist, hip measurement isn't changing. He needs size 6 jeans with longer legs!!!

I'll also try Gap, the Shawn White brand at Target and H&M. Anywhere else to look?
    Last edited by niccig; 12-13-2015 at 01:37 PM.

g-mama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My skinny boys wear Gap "straight" jeans in the slim sizes. They're the best ones I've found.

Can you share which pairs of sweatpants worked for your ds? That would be like the holy grail if I could find those.
    Kristen
    mama to 3 wild and crazy boys - ages 16, 13 and 11

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by g-mama View Post
    My skinny boys wear Gap "straight" jeans in the slim sizes. They're the best ones I've found.

Can you share which pairs of sweatpants worked for your ds? That would be like the holy grail if I could find those.
    I'll try the Gap slim style. We found the Old Navy Slim to be too baggy all around for DS. He has very skinny legs and hates too much material.

Sweat pants - he ended up with an Adidas pair http://www.adidas.com/us/tiro-15-tra...ts/M64031.html and a nike pair http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...uctId=68547356 Got both on sale for $30 each. I think the adidas pair fits better as it has a tapered leg. Both are size small, thankfully are long in leg as the medium size would be way too big. More than I wanted to pay for sweatpants, but I'll keep watch for better sales.

DS's waist is 23" and hasn't changed in years. He's legs get longer so it is getting more difficult to find something that fits at waist and in leg. Shorts haven't been too bad as boys shorts are long anyway and DS wears them a little shorter.

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Crazy 8 has a boys' "Rocker" style that is pretty skinny. They also have slim sizes.

I was in Children's Place yesterday and noticed they have a "super skinny," which I don't remember seeing before. They also have the regular skinny. I think they offer slim, but I'm not sure if it's in all styles.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I found old Navy even the slim that I ordered online was too big in the waist. Ended up ordering gymboree and TCP slim online, I prefer the straight style to skinny for my DS.

Quote Originally Posted by pastrygirl View Post
    Crazy 8 has a boys' "Rocker" style that is pretty skinny. They also have slim sizes.
    This was going to be my suggestion, as well. Otherwise it's been ON and Sean White target.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

So where did you find the very slim sweatpants?

for Sandy Hook