Default PSA: Shoebuy.com and Shoes.com no longer has free returns

I go to return a pair of shoes from shoebuy.com and found out that they no longer have free returns (only free exchanges) and will charge a $6.95 fee / item. Apparently, they got rid of the free returns end of July.

Then, just curious, I went to shoes.com and found out they also got rid of their free returns as of Nov. 24th. They charge $5.95 fee for returns, but I don't know if it's per order or per item.

Urggh, I bought several pairs of shoes for DH because I thought they still had free returns. DH has very wide feet and it's very hard to find shoes for him. Guess I will go back to shopping for shoes on Amazon!
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

I also found this out the hard way. I have some boots waiting for me to find something to exchange.

rlu is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

oh, this is a bummer. Thanks for the heads-up.
    DS Mar04, 8th grader. Life Scout. Being read Flash the Homeless Donkey.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Go Sharks! Go Mirai, Nathan, the Shib Sibs and Team USA
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by candaceb View Post
    I also found this out the hard way. I have some boots waiting for me to find something to exchange.
    Can you apply a coupon code for the new item in the exchange?
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Ugh that stinks! Thanks for the info. Guess I won't be shopping there anymore.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

This seems like such a bad business practice for a company that sells shoes. If I have to pay for returns, I will just shop elsewhere.

almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Good to know. I always buy snow boots for the kids, usually on shoes.com, and buy a bunch and return what doesn't fit, keeping the best. I'll definitely go somewhere else now. The only good thing is that I have a problem with buying shoes online, and they so rarely fit! So this will slow me down...
    But I think their sales will drop drastically, once people realize it. Bummer.
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I found this out in September and I grudgingly paid the restocking fee, but I won't be ordering from them again. I thought I posted it here too, but yeah that just sucks and they usually have the best deals on Primigi all leather black maryjane shoes for Dd2 (they still look great after 3 months of wear at school).
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Also Shoemall.com....I did an ebates order and lazily paid with paypal so i didn't have to go get my credit card from my purse. Turns out if you pay with paypal, you can't use the prepaid shipping label for $7, but instead, I had to pay $11.xx to return some boots. ugh.

And in the same boot-quest, Amazon shipped me 2 pairs of size 10's, and shipped them both back (one after being worn!) and then sent me the 9.5 that I finally kept, and this was all at 30% off. Wearing those toasty Sorels right now