Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    catsnkid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I was induced 12 days past due. I was not dilated or effaced. They gave me the cervadil, and I started have contractions around 1 or 2 a.m. I walked the halls quite a bit. By 7 a.m. the contractions stopped. They couldn't give me the pit in a.m. as to many patients were in active labor, and I started it about noon. Held out until dinnertime for the epidural. They broke my water at some point. Went to sleep after the epidural, and was woken up at midnight with the announcement that I hadn't dilated and would have a C-section. My son didn't drop and was basically trying to come out at a funny angle. He also had a big head and I have a narrow pelvis, so I think a C-section would have been inevitable. Personally I really just wish I had a planned C-section because I was very tired. I had a really easy recovery from the C-section. No experience with natural labor.
    DS 6/09

Default Tell me about being induced

Thanks everyone. It really is helpful to hear some real life stories. I did ask my OB about the protocol for inducing after having had a c/s, but I am hoping to have a more in depth conversation with her about it at my next appointment on Monday. Hearing your experiences gives me more material and knowledge so I can better know what to ask. Thanks so much again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I was induced with DS2. Started pitocin at noon. No contractions. OB broke my water at 2:00 p.m. Immediately started contractions. 4:00 p.m. Holding DS2 in my arms. No complications. Easiest labor ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2