KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Where to buy photo album?

My grandma needs a new one and I'm really struggling to find one. It needs to have the magnetic type of page with the clear plastic that covers it. And it needs to hold a 8x10 photo on a page. Ideally, it should be 'pretty' and not just black. I've looked at Target and Meijer with no luck at all. JoAnn had 1 but it was just plain black and boring. I'll get that if I can't find something better. Any ideas? I'm searching Amazon and it's hard to find.
    Kris

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I'd head into an old school "5 and dime" type store. You know, the ones that used to be a 99 cent store, and eventually it was just every price ended in .99....

Thanks. I had checked B&N in the store and they had none. But, did not think to check online. I'll see if I can find one there.

Quote Originally Posted by lalasmama View Post
    I'd head into an old school "5 and dime" type store. You know, the ones that used to be a 99 cent store, and eventually it was just every price ended in .99....
    I'm not sure we have those stores, unless you mean a dollar store? I remember 5 and Dime stores, but I'm not sure where I'd find anything like that.
    Kris

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We have a local camera shop that has some v nice ones. Might be worth a search.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

My favorites were from Hallmark but I haven't looked in years. They still sell them online so maybe they have them in store too.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    I'm not sure we have those stores, unless you mean a dollar store? I remember 5 and Dime stores, but I'm not sure where I'd find anything like that.
    Dollar type store, yes... But not like Dollar General or Dollar Tree. Thinking more of a mom-n-pop type store, that has a little of everything. Or a mom and pop type pharmacy. (Now I'm wondering, do other places outside of the PNW not have these??)
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by chemnerd View Post
    My favorites were from Hallmark but I haven't looked in years. They still sell them online so maybe they have them in store too.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Hallmark is a great idea! We have that and I will look today.

Quote Originally Posted by lalasmama View Post
    Dollar type store, yes... But not like Dollar General or Dollar Tree. Thinking more of a mom-n-pop type store, that has a little of everything. Or a mom and pop type pharmacy. (Now I'm wondering, do other places outside of the PNW not have these??)
    I have no idea. Not in my town, but we are not very big and somewhat rural. We don't have anything like that here, but the next town has a dollar store. I'll ask my mom if there are any by here - she lives in a more suburban setting.
    Kris

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Hallmark is where I've gotten my last ones that seem to match what you're needing. It's been a few years, but their website seems to show several options, so hopefully they'll have them in store!
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)