Default Socks or slippers for hardwood floors?

We have hardwood floors and my DS likes to run around but his feet are cold. We have some socks with little grippy things on it but it isn't grippy enough so he slides around so he can't wear those. Slippers usually don't stay on his feet that well when running either.

Any other options or any socks with better grips?

i think you can buy rubber "paint" and just make your current socks grippy. you can use puffy paint or a latex based fabric paint (theres one called "sock stop") or dap silicone sealant.
    glib-gabbety puke stockings.
    ds 11/09
    dd 10/13

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My DS had some slipper socks that are a good hybrid between the two. He got them as a gift, but I think they were from Target last winter. I'll add a link if I find one.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

How old is he? Hanna Andersson's Swedish Mocs work well. My older DS likes Acorn slippers. They have suede bottoms and fleece tops.

Hmm, the paint for the socks is interesting.

He's 5. I looked up the Swedish Mocs, does the stitching hold up to running around?

My kids have Hanna Mocs. Only had one issue over the year. My 5yo has them now and they've held yo

meggie t is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We love these slipper socks. Somewhat hard to find but I'll link to where I've ordered. They're from France. Full rubber bottom with grips, great colors, and washable.

http://fawnshoppe.com/designers/collegien/

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We had the exact same issue. Dc is almost 5. Finally found some slippers DC will wear - Toms! They do the trick. Warm feet and no more slipping.