Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Brow Powder Users Question/HELP!

Since it is a Christmas gift and not just an every day item, I would be the cool aunt and get her the coveted brush. I still remember presents that were just a little neater than the non-name brand things we had every day. Like the Clinique lip gloss my aunt gave me and some fancy shampoo, things I couldn't have bought and my mom couldn't afford. If you truly can't afford it, then do what you can. But if you can and it just seems like more than it should be, I would still buy it since it is a gift. (I bought some of the target brushes to keep at our vacation house rationalizing they were cheaper. But they weren't nearly as good quality as my real brushes (Mac) and ended up buying the Mac brushes after all.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HannaAddict; 12-21-2015 at 08:18 AM.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by HannaAddict View Post
    Since it is a Christmas gift and not just an every day item, I would be the cool aunt and get her the coveted brush. I still remember presents that were just a little neater than the non-name brand things we had every day. Like the Clinique lip gloss my aunt gave me and some fancy shampoo, things I couldn't have bought and my mom couldn't afford. If you truly can't afford it, then do what you can. But if you can and it just seems like more than it should be, I would still buy it since it is a gift. (I bought some of the target brushes to keep at our vacation house rationalizing they were cheaper. But they weren't nearly as good quality as my real brushes (Mac) and ended up buying the Mac brushes after all.)

Totally agree. Splurge. It's a gift.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bigsis View Post
    I use the ELF brand angle brush for my brows; it works great! I have other Sonia Kashiuk brushes too, I just don't have it for my brows. I would get the Anastasia stuff she wants and a ELF or Sonia Kashiuk brush.
    Especially since you aren't sure what types of brushes she already has & all she asked for was the powder, I think the cheaper, but still good quality brushes
    make sense!
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by boolady View Post
    What about the Sephora brand angled brow brush? Their brushes are usually decent. It's $10.
    http://m.sephora.com/product/P379539...FQotHwodgXwIdw
    Most of my own brushes are Sephora, except for the aforementioned lash comb (it's the best - it helps me fix mascara before it looks spidery), so this is a possibility as well. Since it'll be about the same cost effort-wise as the Sonia Kashiuk brushes, that's a total possibility. If our local Sephora has it, into the basket it goes!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by HannaAddict View Post
    I like the Sonia Kashiuk brushes as starter brushes, but definitely hear you.

I think I'll get her the Sephora brush instead - it splits the difference between the way-budgety stuff and the super-high-end stuff, plus I have almost 300 Sephora points to use, so I might even be able to toss in a nice sample or two. (I'm still kind of p!ssed that I missed the sample of Benefit's They'r Real! curling mascara a few months ago because I really wanted to try it!!)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

aa2mama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Not the exact sample you wanted, but there is a deluxe sample of Benefit They're Real Tinted Lash Primer in Mink-Brown free with $25 purchase if you order online, code MINKLASH.
    ~Heidi
    Mama to DS 12/03 & DD 2/07

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2