Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Update thread

DS (ADHD) is now in 5th grade and seems to finally have caught up and to be on grade level for both subject material and socially (whew)! Last year was a really good year for him and he did pretty well in school (A/B honor roll for most of the year). He's on vyvanse which works pretty well for him. DD (ADHD) is in 3rd, was accepted into the challenge program and is loving that. She was on focalin XR with a boost at lunch and was having a lot of anger issues plus even the boost was gone by 5:30/6 so she was a crazy raging mess most of the evening. We switched her to vyvanse the week before school started and it's been amazing. I think I now have an inkling of what it might be to raise kids who don't have ADHD. She does great in school and socially this has been a mostly better summer. They both got great teachers and I'm so thankful!
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

DS1 is off to school this week -- it is a school that specializes in dyslexia. His processing speed is coming to light more and more (DH has this same issue) yet he is SO smart. Think he will have a good year this year after the first month or two (which is always bumpy for him -- just adjusting to new stuff).

DS2 is in our local public school. He has a good teacher (I am told, don't know the teacher) and with kids he likes. His 504 will be updated in October. I am cautiously optimistic as he has made a lot of progress this summer. At some point in the next year or two academics are likely to create a lot of anxiety and issues for him. He is at or above grade level and has had a tutor for the last 2 years (to keep him a little ahead to help with the anxiety). Time will tell!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2