Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Hits:
    DGD1, age 11.5: Harry Potter interactive wand in preparation for post-holiday visit to Universal/Wizarding World of HP.

DGD2, age 4.5: set of 4 Sago Mini plush toys -- the perfect gift for someone who loves all things Sago Mini! And the set comes in a box that turns into a house!

Miss:
    Goldie Blox and the Parade Float -- nice idea, terrible engineering and quality control. Thanks to a pre-Christmas sale, I got a set for each DGD. Three generations of very capable women were totally unable to put together any of the designs in a way that didn't immediately fall apart (IF we could even get the pieces together in the first place). DGD1's verdict: TinkerToys are much better.

Biggest surprise: Palm-operated heli ball from 5 Below -- worked as advertised, fun, survived several unplanned crashes without breaking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7 year old son ..Wii U with super Mario maker...he's been playing almost nonstop and has hardly touched any other gifts. He gets mad when we make him stop to eat
    Renee
    (mommom to Noah my beautiful Ethiopian miracle. born 6/26/08 forever a family 4/20/09)

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Ds1: wii u with Mario kart 8 and loads of board games - played 4 so far
    ds2: wii u w Mario kart 8 and his anki car set and patriots ski hat
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Hits
    Dd1 (5)
    kiddie sewing machine- I'm
    Shocked she likes it so much as she usually is always moving but she's really loves it.

Bow and arrow

Stilts

Dd2 (3) dress up clothes

Misses- craft kits
    I thought they would love these as they always try to steal them from the gift closet but they haven't even looked at them after opening
    DD1 01/10
    DD2 04/12

DD (9) hits: American Girl doll and clothes
    Miss: craft kit
    DS (8) hits: Anki Overdrive, Hot Wheels Ultimate Garage

DH: hit: tickets to Doobie Brothers and Journey concert
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AlbrightRC View Post
    7 year old son ..Wii U with super Mario maker...he's been playing almost nonstop and has hardly touched any other gifts. He gets mad when we make him stop to eat
    Same for my 10yr old.

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My 4 yr old's marble run is turning out to be a big hit! I wasn't sure how it would turn out yesterday but he has played with almost all day today so I think he may have just been overwhelmed yesterday by all the new things.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

amandabea is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DD (9 in Jan) considers all of her gifts to be hits (yay)! The roller skates may end up as a *miss*, but she hasn't tried them yet. A few worthy of note include birthstone earrings, Lego pop star sets, Sorel Cozy Joan boots, junior mints.

DH loves his dark chocolate booze filled candies from his stocking and seems to really appreciate his battery operated lantern from DD.
    mommy to DD 1/07

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster80 View Post
    Hits
    Dd1 (5)
    kiddie sewing machine- I'm
    Shocked she likes it so much as she usually is always moving but she's really loves it.
    Link to the sewing machine please? Thanks.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by acmom View Post
    Our biggest hits were...

For DD (age 7): cardboard house for 18 inches dolls to color, American girl doll, play school stuff. She also got a necklace from my parents that she loved and a nightstand for her room from them was a big hit too which we were all surprised she liked so much! She set it up with her books and jewelry box right away.
    What is the cardboard house for dolls?
    Kris

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast