Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

DD: age 3.5 loved her new pink scooter, new boots, wireless headphones, light up Cinderella slippers from Santa, and cowboy teddy from her aunt who lives in TX. Also a playdoh gift set from her cousins was a hit. So far, she is completely underwhelmed by a dollhouse and furniture. Maybe she's too young. I thought she'd love it, because she plays with the one at playgroup all the time.

DS: age 7 Minecraft PE (from Santa) had a rocky start but is now a huge fave. He loves his space themed diary with lock, replacement Syma helicopter, magic set, intelliglobe (which we've all been playing with. It's great!), laser tag set (noisy! from my stepmother who has never met the children but sends great gifts once a year at Christmas), batman sweatshirt. So far Milles Borne and Jenga have no love, and he hasn't taken his wireless headphones out of the box. He's also sad that he didn't get a new scooter like his sister, though hers is a move from three wheeled to two wheeled. He cheered up when we let him bring his inside and ride in the house like DD.

DS 5 Hits: Loves his Hot Wheels garage, magnetic dart board, Hess truck, and his favorite thing is his Poof football that I paid $10 for!!
    No misses so far, but I was careful this year with my selections.

DD's 14 & 12 love their stuff. I think it is easier as they get older, although DD 14 was upset she knew most of her gifts. I thought it was funny one of DD 12's favorite things was her juggling kit!

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

This year was tough.

DS1 (12) loved his Nintendo 3DS. LOVED IT. He's loved pokemon forever so I think he's going to get a lot of play out this, even though I still limit screen time a lot.

DS2 (8) loved his Lego TIE fighter set. It looks super cool but it doesn't stay together well at all. For the first time one of my kids wants to keep a set all put together. I'm fine with that, it is just a weird new milestone I guess!

Everything but the transformers for DS3 (4) was a miss. He's just so into transformers right now that he hardly looked at anything else.

DD (2) likes her Little Woodeeze (sp?) playset. She didn't like her My First Princess Cinderella at all that MIL got for her. I thought she'd love it but she seems disturbed by it, lol.

Hits for DD 1 (6) Anki Overdrive and Miposaur

Hits for DD 2 (6) Magical Unicorn and crayola marker maker. She was not a big fan of her American girl doll that I got a great deal on almost two years ago and have been saving. Maybe I should have waited another year.

Wii U Disney Infinity is getting some love but I feel like I am in over my head techologically so it has led to some frustration from all.

My husband loves his Fitbit. I am loving my Instant Pot! We got an Echo and are just getting around to setting it up but I think it is going to be a keeper.
    Twin DD's 11/2009

DD (9) loves the autobiography books she received (Joan of Arc, Malala Youssef, Mother Teresa) and the Little House on the Prairie boxed set. She also loves the iPod Touch she received from my mother. She's looking forward to messaging her cousin and other family members which should be a nice wholesome introduction to the world of texting
    All the Lego kits were also a hit. She also got a sherpa butterfly chair for room as a surprise and loves it.
    DD '06
    DD '14

Quote Originally Posted by mackmama View Post
    Link to the sewing machine please? Thanks.
    http://www.amazon.com/Sew-Cool-STF-A...sewing+machine
    we didn't have to supervise or walk her through anything, its very easy to figure out.
    DD1 01/10
    DD2 04/12

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster80 View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/Sew-Cool-STF-A...sewing+machine
    we didn't have to supervise or walk her through anything, its very easy to figure out.
    Thanks! Just bought it for a birthday party we are going to.

DS (9) wii u with mario kart and disney infinity 2.0. He's seriously hooked and it's been a nice change from minecraft! Play set from terreria and some figures, k'nex and legos and bionicles

DD (7) a small stuffed bunny from the walmart knock off dolls, wii u disney dance, ag store set I got from a today show deal a long time ago. Walmart doll camping set and spa set and a cash register. makeup in her stocking

DH mario maker
    misses-nothing total score this year!
    Last edited by elephantmeg; 12-27-2015 at 09:09 PM.
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    What is the cardboard house for dolls?
    This is it...ordered from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

jennilynn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Surprise hit at our house is the Labyrinth board game. Both DSs (7&5) love it. They also loved The Book With No Pictures. Suspend was a bit of a miss but I think they're just too little.

DD's biggest hit is the baby diaper bag/changing set I got off Etsy.

We still haven't played with everything yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slightly crunchy mama to three awesome monkeys

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast