Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Hits have been pretty much everything. Favorites have been remote control hulk and iron man cars, a millennium falcon ship and power ranger dinosaur that roars and spins around and is very loud and annoying. lol My boys are 4 and 6. The only miss was from my in laws who got them each a baby board book. Most years she gets them nothing, so I guess this is an improvement.

Hit for whole family - DH and me plus kids 11, 8 and 5 - from Amazon thread - Takenoko - fun game to play.

All three kids loved the rubber band guns in their stockings.

http://www.banditguns.com/

We've seen them at Maker Faire a couple of years now. I picked up the basic Pistol Pete model off Amazon for all three kids.

Biggest hits by far were the Scooters from Santa. Also hits were the board games (King of Tokyo, Takenoko) and walkie talkies.

No real misses, but I don't see the Elsa and Anna musical bicycle getting much play time, even though it was at the top of the list of DD1 (6).

It was great to hear "Best Christmas ever!" and "Santa really hit it out of the park this year!".

gobadgers is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DD, 8
    Hits: Harry Potter box set, glasses and snitch necklace
    Sewing School book and some supplies
    a book from the Descendants (Mal's Spellbook)
    Lottie Pirate doll (wish I had discovered these when she was younger!)

Misses: Zing bow and arrow (I thought she'd love this, but only DS, below, was interested in his)

DS, 6
    Hits: Legos
    Plus Plus blocks (from ILs, I had never heard of these before but we had a 20 minute pause in opening presents while we ALL built with them!)
    Zing bow and arrows (like this set, but more arrows and cheaper from Costco)

Both
    Hits: huge pillow pets from Costco
    Exploding Kittens
    The Game of Life
    Razor Riprider

TBD: laser peg sets, Dixit, North to Alaska game (we are traveling there later this year)

Hits for me - DH has ordered a canvas for me each of the past few years, of a snapshot from a trip. He also wrapped up a pound of coffee and a bottle of wine, lol. Sounds good to me!
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lalasmama View Post
    Hits:
    DH, age 43: Leaf blower/vacuum with attachment to vacuum right into the yard debris can. Holy cow, he told e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e about this! Best invention EVER! Hope it works well! (It was like $45 at Lowe's, blower sold separately).
    Do you have a link to this?
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)

Quote Originally Posted by jam224 View Post
    Let me see what I can find when I get home and can see the box. It was by black&decker. Smallish box, like maybe 4inx6inx18in. It was right next to the appropriate blower/vacuum.

Quote Originally Posted by jam224 View Post
    "Leaf Management System"

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-B...er+vacuum+leaf

to use with this blower:

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-B...er+vacuum+leaf
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lalasmama View Post
    Excellent, thank you! We got a couple of gift cards that will be great for this!

For us and our hits & misses, we didn't get to do full-on Santa yet, because we were out of town, so some of DD's gifts have yet to be given. But we did give her some of our gifts. The Mercy Watson books were a huge hit, so thank you to those that recommended them. All of her Frozen stuff was a hit, as expected, but she particularly loved the toddler plush dolls, which makes me super happy. I might have to report back after we do Christmas round 2.
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Hits

DS1 (12): Lego Dimensions and all the PS4 video games he asked for, Dr. Who t-shirts and hoodies, Exploding Kittens game, Cubebot, Kindle Paperwhite, Lego Movie lego set, Dr. Who character book, candy.
    DS2 (6): Lego Dimensions and all the PS4 games he got, books, Minecraft t-shirts, Cubebot, gaming headset, basketball, Ed Emberley's Drawing Book of Weirdos, candy.

Misses

DS1-- nothing yet really
    DS2-- Sushi Go game bought after seeing it mentioned on here. DS1 and him brought it out to play but gave up after not being able to figure it out!!! Miposaur from the grandparents was played with a little, but not much since. Anything remote controlled in our house always loses it's appeal in a few days!
    All-- giant wooden dominoes set given by DH's brother. He says maybe we can take it to the beach, but we rarely go to the beach and I don't see how dominoes would work on sand anyways! I'd much prefer the giant Jenga set!
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Mostly hits here.

DS1 (11): He received 6 different cube-type puzzles (Rubik's cubes): 5x5, speed cube, Megaminx, Skweb, 2x2, and a magnetic cube. A cube timer. Books. Gift cards for Steam. Splatoon for Wii U. The Arduino kit we got at just before Christmas is a big hit and he is working through projects.

DD (9): She was thrilled with her Liesl dress my aunt made. Loves it! She was happy with most other things as well: roller skates, sewing machine, hair dryer, Sing Party for Wii U, some Monster High dolls, door alaram, books, and a bracelet maker. Another huge hit was the horse drawing set I bought at a garage sale for $2. She loves it!

DS2(7): He was happy too. He likes the Skylanders Superchargers and Lego Dimensions for the Wii U a lot. A Mario maze game, Pie Face, door alarm, a Lego set, books.

DH was happy with his gifts, too. A few things are still backordered which is too bad. He got drum mutes and quiet cymbals.
    I got a new winter coat and a less obnoxious alarm clock with a USB charger.

Misses:
    DS1 gifted DS2 his Q-ba maze. I had emailed Mindware asking how the older cubes don't work with the new cubes (like the box says) and they assured me that they actually do work together. So I added on a stunt kit, which is what drew DS2 to them. Yeah. They don't work at all. So, we need to return the stunt or get new cubes. Such a bummer.

The roller skates need to be a bigger size, so they are on their way.

Otherwise, I don't think there were misses. DS1 did get some funny t-shirts and they were definitely not an exciting thing to open, but he's worn them and he does like them.
    Kris

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4