Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Need a vacation from my vacation

We are staying with my parents. My dad is being moody because of kids' mess/noise. DD1 started vacation with a fever. Lasted 6 days. Still not fully herself. DD2 won't go to sleep at night so we pulled her nap. Still taking 20 mins for her to settle down with me holding the door shut. She is keeping DD1 from falling asleep. They are sharing a room. DD2 is a smiling devil that makes her both adorable and infuriating. She wants mommy most of all. Both kids want me incessantly. DH is annoyed with me right now because I left him with the kids to go to urgent care because I have pink eye. When I checked in with him while waiting at the pharmacy, he hadn't given the kids any food. Um. We have a child with a blood sugar issue. It's 10am already. Give her Cheerios. Take some initiative.

Ok. Just needed to get that off my chest. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I used to feel that way all the time during/ post vacation. There's light at the end of the tunnel. In a few years, a family vacation will be closer to a vacation. Hang in there and feel better!

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I used to feel that way all the time during/ post vacation. There's light at the end of the tunnel. In a few years, a family vacation will be closer to a vacation. Hang in there and feel better!

Thanks! This is the first time it hasn't felt like a vacation. Ever. I know it will get better in the future but I have another 8 days, 4 without DH.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

FWIW PhillyMom, my vacation experiences closely resemble yours! Maybe your vacation will be long enough that the kids will sort of "right" themselves and it will get easier?

I do believe that it will get better in a few years, as SnuggleBuggles mentioned. My big kids are a pleasure to bring on vacation.

Mostly I hope this is at least a little bit fun and restorative for you! Here's hoping everything settles down a little bit and that you can get healthy too!

Right there with you!!!! We are in CA, which is a 2 hour time difference. Ds1 (6) woke up for the day at 2am the first day and 2:50 today., no nap.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Ms B is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

All my sympathy. After two terrible initial trips with The Biscuit (fever at DH's parents and there is no such thing as a 24 hour pharmacy in their town and a miserable West Coast trip that threw The Biscuit's sleeping off for over 2 months afterwards), we more or less stopped traveling for over two years. My hat is off to you for persevering and good luck!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    DS - "The Biscuit" 8/11
    Forever ours 4/12!

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    Right there with you!!!! We are in CA, which is a 2 hour time difference. Ds1 (6) woke up for the day at 2am the first day and 2:50 today., no nap.
    That is truly miserable. It can only get better from there.

I shouldn't complain now. Kids are watching tv and I am sitting outside by the pool overlooking a pond with a gentle breeze blowing. Even if it only lasts 5 mins, it is paradise. Oh and my eyes don't constantly feel like knives being stuck in them, just sometimes. So there is that. Oh and DH came down to the beach with me and the kids for the first time since before my oldest was born. The kids were so happy and let me relax and play with them without worrying about both of them by the water at once. Turned into a good day. Both kids fell asleep on ride home from the ocean so they will not want to go to sleep tonight but they were just so exhausted.