Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default And this is why viruses spread so quickly...

I'm at a jump place and a lady has her sick child, who is hacking coughing , wrapped up in a blanket laying on a sofa. Are you joking me?? I'm so tempted to report this as it totally makes me crazy! I just heard her say "had to get these kids out of the house to burn off some energy" to a person sitting near her. Wish I could share a photo, he looks pathetic.

Ann

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Is the kid jumping or is he tagging along with siblings that are jumping?

Default And this is why viruses spread so quickly...

How sad for that kid! I lost a friend once because she posted pics on FB of her 4 year old DD at the zoo touching everything (train, carousel, every photo op, play area) with the caption of "day 5 of 102+ fever." I flipped out on her.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Is the kid jumping or is he tagging along with siblings that are jumping?

His siblings are all playing and he is laying on the sofa with his mom, bundled up in a blanket.

Ann

boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I agree. I can't stand it when people take kids who are obviously sick out in public. How miserable for that little boy who would probably much rather be at home, too!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Just trying to cut her a little slack. He's not in the mix spreading germs like a kid running around touching stuff and coughing on people. What if she's a single parent and been stuck at home for days? I'd imagine getting the other kids out to do something might be appealing.

Just trying to cut her a little slack. He's not in the mix spreading germs like a kid running around touching stuff and coughing on people. What if she's a single parent and been stuck at home for days? I'd imagine getting the other kids out to do something might be appealing.

Yeah, sorry but I still wouldn't bring the child . And he's on a sofa, where other people sat after they left. And he was coughing all over the place.

Ann

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'd be upset! This is exactly why I can't bring my child with severe asthma to anyplace fun from about November to March. Too many people bring their sick kids out in public. It takes very little for my DS to get sick, and when he gets sick, he is in serious distress. No birthday parties, no indoor playgrounds, etc. Maybe someday he will do better when he gets sick, but for now, even with daily steroids he just can't handle being sick.

I don't care if she is a single mom. You still don't bring a sick kid out where he can infect others. Even just sitting on a couch coughing, is enough to get other people sick. I would have complained to management, demanded a refund, dragged my own kids out, and given the lady a piece of my mind. I'd be half tempted to ask for her number so I can send her a bill for when my child ends up sick, in the hospital and I need to miss work. People that don't have kids with health issues just don't get how serious it can be when they spread their sick kids' germs!

Sorry being a single mom is not an excuse for bringing a sick kid to a kids play area. I also don't go indoor play areas ever. Last time I went, ds2 started puking exactly 48 hours later and DS1 caught it and had to be hospitalized (DH was with him overnight having GI issues too, while I was home with DD who was puking.)
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Just trying to cut her a little slack. He's not in the mix spreading germs like a kid running around touching stuff and coughing on people. What if she's a single parent and been stuck at home for days? I'd imagine getting the other kids out to do something might be appealing. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SERIOUSLY?? There are many many things that are appealing that are not ok for me to do.

Anyone within 6ft is at risk from being coughed on. Anything that the child has coughed on or touched is potentially contaminated. Nevermind the fact that if the child is that sick, there is a good chance that the siblings are incubating the illness and could be potentially infecting people the day before showing symptoms.

I totally get how frustrating it is to be stuck home with multiple kids when one is sick. Especially during a school vacation. But that doesnt mean that you spread it around and let someone else's kid get sick and have their vacation ruined.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast