Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    I totally get how frustrating it is to be stuck home with multiple kids when one is sick. Especially during a school vacation. But that doesnt mean that you spread it around and let someone else's kid get sick and have their vacation ruined.
    I'm not a germaphobe, and often I think people on the BBB go overboard when they're upset about a sick kid. But I totally agree with this. And gosh, that poor kid! Not only was s/he miserable, but they had to watch all the other kids have fun? That sounds beyond awful.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    SERIOUSLY?? There are many many things that are appealing that are not ok for me to do.

Anyone within 6ft is at risk from being coughed on. Anything that the child has coughed on or touched is potentially contaminated. Nevermind the fact that if the child is that sick, there is a good chance that the siblings are incubating the illness and could be potentially infecting people the day before showing symptoms.

I totally get how frustrating it is to be stuck home with multiple kids when one is sick. Especially during a school vacation. But that doesnt mean that you spread it around and let someone else's kid get sick and have their vacation ruined.
    I didn't say I would do it and I, too, would judge her poorly. But, because the kiddo wasn't out running around touching stuff makes me bothered less.
    I guess even though I'd judge her too and keep my kids away, I'm not as irate as others here. Germs are everywhere and are sneaky as they can show up before symptoms. At least people could see the sick kiddo and avoid them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default And this is why viruses spread so quickly...

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Just trying to cut her a little slack. He's not in the mix spreading germs like a kid running around touching stuff and coughing on people. What if she's a single parent and been stuck at home for days? I'd imagine getting the other kids out to do something might be appealing.

Agreed. Germs are everywhere and often the worst illnesses are ones no one can see or even know they have when they spread it. Life is a contact sport and I'm much more upset by those who opt out of vaccines than someone who takes a child with a routine cold virus to an indoor play place (which I avoid like the plague since even with healthy appearing kids they are germ central). I feel sorry for the sick kiddo though and wouldn't do it myself but wouldn't lose my mind over it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2