Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Amniotic sac detached from uterine wall? last update

Has anyone had this or know someone? My friend is 14 weeks pregnant with a healthy boy per her bloodwork, but has been bleeding and when they did an ultrasound this is what they found. Her amniotic fluid levels are fine and cervix is closed but it sounds like the odds of the baby surviving this aren't great or maybe we are just finding the worst/expecting the worst since we both have histories with losses. Any experiences good or bad with this?

(Her last pregnancy was twins 5 yrs ago but their girl twin had trisomy 18 and was stillborn, then her husband passed away 6 months after, so she has had a very rough time, now this when she was finally pretty happy again. So good thoughts definitely appreciated!)

June update:

Thank you so much for keeping her in your thoughts! People have been asking for updates so I thought I would post the last update (also #17) here in case any one else goes through something similar:

She was induced yesterday and her baby boy arrived perfectly healthy, 9 lbs 7 oz, last evening!

After a pretty rough pregnancy, thankfully this has a happy conclusion.
    Last edited by AngB; 06-17-2016 at 10:39 AM. Reason: updates
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Oh, that sounds rough, after everything she has already gone through :/.
    Sending virtual hugs to both of you!

ETA: is it a placental abruption, where the placenta is no longer attached?
    Last edited by petesgirl; 12-31-2015 at 05:55 PM.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

No experience with this but I hope all turns out well for her. I googled it and didn't find much, but it seems it can reattach and be fine. At least that is how I interpreted what I read.
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    Oh, that sounds rough, after everything she has already gone through :/.
    Sending virtual hugs to both of you!

ETA: is it a placental abruption, where the placenta is no longer attached?
    No, I think the placenta is ok at least for now.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09

Quote Originally Posted by trcy View Post
    No experience with this but I hope all turns out well for her. I googled it and didn't find much, but it seems it can reattach and be fine. At least that is how I interpreted what I read.
    That's my understanding as well and I also had trouble finding much about it.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think as long as the sac stays in tact, things can turn out ok. I had a friend whose sac got a hole around 13 weeks. Sometimes tears can repair themself, but hers never did. They did a bunch of interventions trying to replenish the fluids, but she did not have a happy ending. I hope things turn out well for your friend!!

OP, how is it going for your friend? Any updates?
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

Quote Originally Posted by trcy View Post
    OP, how is it going for your friend? Any updates?
    Thanks for checking. Not a lot has changed. She went back Tuesday, the tear was the same size, so good that it wasn't bigger I guess but she sounded discouraged it wasn't smaller. (Although I talked to a friend who is an obgyn NP and she said she wouldn't expect it to get smaller, that that doesn't mean much, it just needs to not get bigger.) She is still bleeding nonstop but the baby doesn't seem to be affected by it-he's measuring a week ahead, (15 wks now) and her fluid levels are still good. Her doctor basically told her he expects it will either reattach and be fine, or tear off completely and the baby will die, so they just have to wait and see. She goes back again this week.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09

Quote Originally Posted by AngB View Post
    Thanks for checking. Not a lot has changed. She went back Tuesday, the tear was the same size, so good that it wasn't bigger I guess but she sounded discouraged it wasn't smaller. (Although I talked to a friend who is an obgyn NP and she said she wouldn't expect it to get smaller, that that doesn't mean much, it just needs to not get bigger.) She is still bleeding nonstop but the baby doesn't seem to be affected by it-he's measuring a week ahead, (15 wks now) and her fluid levels are still good. Her doctor basically told her he expects it will either reattach and be fine, or tear off completely and the baby will die, so they just have to wait and see. She goes back again this week.
    How terrible for her, I can't imagine the stress she must be feeling. Hopefully she gets some good news this week.
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

How is she doing??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast