jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Organizing books

Our bookshelves are bursting with books. I'm trying to organize what we have to make it easier to find what we're looking for. I need to figure out which books to hold on to and which books to give away. DS1 is reading chapter books now. DS2 hasn't started reading yet. When we read together we most often read a chapter book, a Lego book or science reference book of some sort. We have a ton of scholastic paperback books. I can't remember the last time we read one of those though. I've gone through our board books and am set to donate the majority of them only saving a few favorites. Do you think DC will read the scholastic paperbacks or should I get rid of them? How should I organize them? Magazine files? How do I categorize them? We have train books, Bernstein bears, Spanish books - those are easy categories. What do I do with the other random books? What about picture books? TIA

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Bumping....

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DD has a small bookshelf in her bedroom. Right now, we organize by size because it's easiest for her to do herself. Her magazines are in a magazine file.

Anything we don't read often is destined for donation or handing down.

My own bookshelves are grouped by series, with non-series books alpha by author.

To be honest, I need more bookshelves. (I know, that's not helpful!)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle