Default Organizing for the new year

I have decided I really need to be more organized! (Ok, this is not a new idea... But I am going to work harder on it.). So far I have gone through DS's toys and packaged up some outgrown things to be put I to attic for next child and I have weeded and organized dh's closet and donated a lot of stuff from it. Now it is time to tackle mine... I am going to get an Elfa system designed this week for it. That will help a lot. But I also really need to weed through my clothes a lot. I need to get rid of things I am keeping or sentimental and/or "it cost so much" reasons and only keep what I think I will really wear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    I have decided I really need to be more organized! (Ok, this is not a new idea... But I am going to work harder on it.). So far I have gone through DS's toys and packaged up some outgrown things to be put I to attic for next child and I have weeded and organized dh's closet and donated a lot of stuff from it. Now it is time to tackle mine... I am going to get an Elfa system designed this week for it. That will help a lot. But I also really need to weed through my clothes a lot. I need to get rid of things I am keeping or sentimental and/or "it cost so much" reasons and only keep what I think I will really wear.

I need to do the same with my closet. I had DS go through his clothes today and make pile for keep and pile for donate. It's much easier to do this with him as clothes that are too small because he's grown get donated. For me, it's more difficult as I do the "I really love this and if I lose 10 lbs it will fit again." Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    I need to do the same with my closet. I had DS go through his clothes today and make pile for keep and pile for donate. It's much easier to do this with him as clothes that are too small because he's grown get donated. For me, it's more difficult as I do the "I really love this and if I lose 10 lbs it will fit again." Sigh.
    Oh, I know! I did a first pass through mine and did end up with a good sized pile to donate, but I know there are quite a few more things that should go and I couldn't quite toss into that pile yet.

DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    Oh, I am so like that with my clothes! And then 10 mins later I'm scrounging around in the treat bin...
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Watching "Making a Murderer" helped me with my closet. Many of my clothes were bought in the same era as the show was filmed, and seeing how dated the clothes look on the show encourages me to get rid of mine. I have an entire corporate wardrobe that needs to go. If/when I get a job like that again, I will need a new wardrobe - it has been 9.5 years since I left the law firm and most of the clothes were bought much earlier. I am picking 10 items at a time, quickly. Like when I'm just out of the shower and standing there in my underwear.