pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Enormous bowel movements!! Need help... (obviously TMI)

My 9yo has always clogged the toilet nearly every time he pooped, but we figured he was putting too much toilet paper in at once. When we moved (in Nov), we hoped that maybe the new house wouldn't have such weak toilets. No such luck!! Here, the clog happens 100% of the time in any toilet he uses.

It turns out that he's not even wiping before the first flush. We finally checked out the problem... and what's coming out of him is far too huge to get down the hole in the toilet, by width and length (it can't even spin around in the water most times). I've never seen anything like it, and can't believe it doesn't cause him pain or a struggle.

What can we do??? He doesn't seem constipated and says he's able to go very easily. Could this still be a form of constipation? Is it time to check in with his doctor?

jren is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

This is my DS. If he doesn't have a BM every day, he clogs the toilet. I think his natural cycle may end up being twice a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catsnkid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

You could talk to his doctor about miralax, that will make it more narrow. Also maybe could he go twice a day?
    DS 6/09

That has been a symptom of constipation in our family. Not saying it always is, but worth looking into IMO.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

Mommy_Mea is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DS1 only goes every other day, and often clogs the toilet. Just how he has always been...
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011