Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default UPDATE WITH DILEMMA: Which stroller to take

UPDATE: I called Baby Jogger to get the brake fixed on our city classic double but I actually needed new wheels rather than the actual brake they sent me. Of course, the wheels are out of stock until the end of the month, and we leave March 31. They have assured me there is no other option and no way to get the wheels sooner.

So, as I see it, my options are:
    1. Take the BJCCD without the brake and pray it doesn't roll away. We only use it for walks around the neighborhood primarily, and as long as it's on level ground, it stays put. This makes me nervous at Disney, though. If the wheels arrive on time, maybe my mom could ship them to us? Might be $$, though, and we are moving hotels mid-week, so I would be nervous about them arriving where we will be.
    2. Use the graco iPo and Chicco cortina we have. Would we be miserable pushing these all day? My 3 yo is the size of a 5 yo, so I think the Chicco would be ok but not sure about the umbrella.
    3. Rent a stroller. I would rent a baby jogger double from Kingdom Strollers.
    4. See if I can find a decently priced double on CL and sell it when we get back, but I don't think DH will want to go through the hassle of buying and selling. Or, I am pg with the fourth child and would like a nice single as I don't know how much longer I will need a double. There is a BJCM gt with car seat adapter for $225 on our local CL but I would have to sell some of my other strollers per DH.

decisions, decisions....I dont want want to spend the $ to rent when we could use what we have, but I also want to have a nice, easy to push stroller at Disney. What do you guys think?

we have a decent umbrella stroller (graco iPo) or a baby jogger city classic double. DCs are 8,5,and 3. I heard that I should definitely bring my double stroller, but what do you think? We are driving, so we don't have to worry about checking it.
    Last edited by boltfam; 03-24-2016 at 09:53 AM.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Mine are 8, 7, 5 and 2. I'm renting a double Bob. I think you will want the double.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Definitely the double! We used a double when DD was 5 and Ds1 was 2. This year we only used a single. Kids were 9.5, 6, and 2. The 6 year old did ride in the stroller on occasion, and the 2 year old was either carried or worn.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Definitely the double! My DS had just turned 6 when we went this summer and we had him ride I our double stroller a lot. He doesn't move as fast as we liked, so the stroller made that easier. Plus it offered him a place to sit for the parades and such.

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    Definitely the double! My DS had just turned 6 when we went this summer and we had him ride I our double stroller a lot. He doesn't move as fast as we liked, so the stroller made that easier. Plus it offered him a place to sit for the parades and such.
    This is similar to our experience. My DC were 5 and almost 3 when we went last May, and I definitely needed the double. It's so much quicker and easier to navigate when the kids are contained. And having them sit in the double made it a little easier to claim a spot for the parade. Although, people still tried to encroach on our space. The kids would have easily been pushed aside by people trying to squeeze themselves in.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    Yes, I agree! We rented a double last time
    when the kids were 6 and 4. We liked it for the same reason at PPs- it gave them a place to sit for parades/fireworks, navigate quickly through large crowds (great for busy times coming and going from parks), a seat and some shade for a snack or drink, etc. They both walked quite a bit too but it was a great option to have for them at many times. Also remember you can park it and walk to a bunch of rides in one area if you want...we did that a lot. Then we would pick up the stroller again when moving to a different area of the park. For us, we also used it to walk to parks from the hotel. We stayed at Beach Club and could walk to epcot and HS. It was so nice for DH and I to walk and skip the busses, but without that stroller the 20 minute walk to HS would have been hard for the kids to start and end the day.

Alright, the double it is! Thanks, ladies! I guess I need to get the brakes fixed now.

Update and dilemma in first post.

Rent the double. Yours won't get beat to hell on the plane.

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Yes, I would just rent the double too. We always rent even though we had stroller options here. It is so much less hassle and worry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast