Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default First communion- help!

OK moms (and dads!)-

Where did you have find success finding nice first communion dresses? So far I have looked at Penneys, Nordstrom, Amazon and Children's Place online.

Are veils still worn? When we attended our goddaughters communion ceremony a few years ago (7+ yrs!) some of the girls wore veils- is that passe?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Our ceremony is in May, but want to give enough time to order, try sizing, etc.

Thanks for your input!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

You might want to check consignment stores. There were lots of nice looking ones at Once Upon a Child this past week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call bridal stores, the ones near me all carry them. But i think it's still very early. I want to say the places near me start advertising in the beginning of March.

octmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I ordered DD's online two years ago. Can't remember the name of the site, but it was a place where I had not shopped before. I will come back and add it if I can find it. Only a few girls wore veils here in central VA. DD wore a really pretty headband with white porcelain flowers on it. I got it from an etsy seller.

Sears! We bought DD's flower girl dress in the First Communion section, and they had probably 10 different styles. Watch for sales. They are "normally" priced around $70 there, but are almost always on sale for around $35. Since you're near where we used to live, the Sears we had great luck at was the Clackamas one.
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

octmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default First communion- help!

It was from elite dresses.com

http://www.elitedresses.com/mobile/P...oductCode=D111

Headband: https://www.etsy.com/transaction/195...id=2c7d3a57fb#

Last edited by octmom; 01-10-2016 at 06:28 PM.

SummerBaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Both my DDs wore a beautiful dupioni silk dress from Hartstrings. I just checked the website and it says stores are closing. I'm not sure if the website is. If you don't like what you are seeing for first communion dresses, try flower girl dresses. I've also seen nice dresses from JCrew.

Also, neither of my girls wore veils. My older DD wore a small headpiece of baby's breath and my younger wore a simple pearl and silk headband I found at a bridal store (it was only $15).
    Last edited by SummerBaby; 01-10-2016 at 07:42 PM.

Pink princess.com

Based on recommendations from here, I ended up at Burlington Coat Factory. They had a large selection and good prices.
    Veils still seem to be acceptable, but certainly not required.

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I got one from Burlington Coat Factory and one from Costco (!!). They were both gorgeous. There were girls wearing veils and/or gloves (they had to remember to remove the gloves) at both DDs' first communions.

Both girls wore a headpiece of real flowers (small white roses and baby's breath) with ribbons hanging down the back. It was so pretty and different!! I really loved it.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast