Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Short legs

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

i just went to JC Penny's to pick up slim pants for my son for his band concert this week and saw they had husky pants too.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sears carries husky pants for boys, too most of the time. That's where my mom always shopped for my brothers because one needed slims & the other husky & it was the one spot in the 70s that carried both.
    http://www.sears.com/kids-clothing-b...filterList=Fit
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    A LOT!

I would definitely invest in an inexpensive machine. Just make sure it has a free arm and you'll be all set.

At least you can hem the pants. DD1 is the total opposite. In order for the length to be anywhere reasonable, I have to take in the waist. And I PROMISE- its much easier to hem pants than try to take in the waist. And, invariably, as soon as I take in the waist, she grows and turns the pants into high waters again.
    We've got 3 skinnies who need adjustable waists... Middle DD doesn't always even get elastic waisted pants for her kiddos.... which means I then get to *add* the elastic to make them adjustable. Or deal with saying "pull up your britches" a million times a day. I quickly learned with youngest DD--adjustable waist or nothing. She's just now able to wear "normal" leggings/yoga pants... and then I get to hem them because the 10s are too short and the 12s are too long. No idea where these long legs of hers came from!
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

Pear is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have to alter all bottoms for DD. For her it is a tiny waist. Adjustable waists are hard to find and she hates the feel of them anyway. I don't know what we would do if I couldn't sew.

Pear is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

You can get an inexpensive sewing machine that can handle something as simple as heming pants. It's really easy to do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2