acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default GI cramping/indigestion in pregnancy?

I am about 14 weeks and have been having a lot of bloating and cramping for the last week or so especially in the evenings. Pretty sure it is GI related as it starts higher up and gradually moves down some, then goes away. Sometimes there is heartburn with it too. I had heartburn with my previous pregnancies, but not this early and no cramping with it. I have IBS so am no stranger to GI issues but with my other 2 two it actually got a little better in pregnancy. Anyone have this issue? Any suggestions of ways to avoid or alleviate it?

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Yes, I had tons of bloating and it sometimes led to cramping, too. Like you, I was always pretty certain it was GI cramping. I used Gas-X/simethicone sometimes, and it seemed to help some. I also avoided carbonated drinks (I'm a huge La Croix drinker, but I tried to skip those). Honestly, nothing much helped except time -- I don't recall when, but somewhere along the line it got better. Oh, the joys of pregnancy!
    Lizi

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Tons of reflux pain here too... Which is weird, BC I didn't have any reflux in four pregnancies. I'm also just 8 weeks, which seams early for reflux.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)