Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Annoying appliances or other products

Not a huge deal but my cheap toaster oven from Costco is killing me. I hate that thing. I use it every day and DH and I both like the flexibility and versatility of the thing. But if not closely watched it burns my toast. All the time. Almost every day. And trying to get 4 kids ready for school every day means I'm pretty scattered and the last thing I want to do is WATCH MY TOAST. I'd love to get rid of the thing but we DO use it for cooking/toasting/melting things all the time. So I feel stuck. At some point we'd like to replace it with a toaster oven that maybe doesn't SUCK so much but we are not in the position to be able to do that right now.

Like I said, not a huge deal at all. But since it frustrates me daily, it's annoying, KWIM?

What's the product that frustrates you EVERY day?

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My coffee maker beeps when it is done brewing. There is no way to shut it off, I have researched the heck out of it. We live in a small ranch, and the kitchen is at the end of the hallway to the bedrooms. All I want is dinner &$@#;(@ coffee to wake up in the morning before the kids get up, but I have to jump through hoops so the brewing coffee doesn't wake them!

I know I should buy a new coffee maker, but I love it otherwise, and it is 10 years old and going strong.
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

We are living in an apartment temporarily while our house is being built. The washing machine in the apartment building is horrible! Some of the clothes are still dry after the wash cycle is done. The lid locks right after you put the money in, so there's no way to check what's going on in there. I read the reviews online and others have had the same problem so it's not just me. I do tons of laundry and really miss my washer!
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We switched from Sonicare to the Oral B toothbrushes. I do like the Oral B better in terms of cleaning, but I still feel like gunk and grossness collects on the base and on the toothbrush. The gunk and grossness annoyed me with our old Sonicare toothbrushes, and it continues on with the Oral B toothbrushes too. Annoying!

I also find my usb cables for charging my cell phone to be super annoying. They inevitably bend, break, etc. I feel like I am always having to buy more usb cables just to charge my phone. Grrrr.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We moved into a house with a washer/dryer that are dysfunctional. The washer sometimes doesn't wash, and the dryer often doesn't dry. I never know if I'm going to have to re-wash or re-dry, or how many times. Sometimes both work like a charm!

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Annoying appliances or other products

The thing annoying the mess out of me right now is my sofa. We have had it for about 18 months and it is awful. The cushions on the seat part all slide forward every time you sit on them, so I am constantly having to shove them back to the back. The decorator we worked with chose it, and I'm not sure if she picked fabric that wasn't appropriate or what, but it seems too smooth so it slides. It really stinks to be thinking about a new sofa so soon, but this thing is just so awful I'm ready to cut my losses and just toss it to the curb. I wouldn't even want to sell it and stick some poor unsuspecting person with it. Ugh.
    Last edited by BDKmom; 01-14-2016 at 09:41 PM. Reason: typi
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Not a huge deal but my cheap toaster oven from Costco is killing me. I hate that thing. I use it every day and DH and I both like the flexibility and versatility of the thing. But if not closely watched it burns my toast. All the time. Almost every day. And trying to get 4 kids ready for school every day means I'm pretty scattered and the last thing I want to do is WATCH MY TOAST. I'd love to get rid of the thing but we DO use it for cooking/toasting/melting things all the time. So I feel stuck. At some point we'd like to replace it with a toaster oven that maybe doesn't SUCK so much but we are not in the position to be able to do that right now.

Like I said, not a huge deal at all. But since it frustrates me daily, it's annoying, KWIM?

Maybe return it to Costco and get a different one with the money?
    DD '06
    DD '14

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post

I've been there & done that. Recently I switched to broiling things instead of toasting them in our toaster oven. Still gets the top nice & brown but I don't seem to have to keep as close of an eye on it as I do when I put it on toast. (The bottom of course isn't toasty, but I'm okay with that.)
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BDKmom View Post
    The thing annoying the mess out of me right now is my sofa. We have had it for about 18 months and it is awful. The cushions on the seat part all slide forward every time you sit on them, so I am constantly having to shove them back to the back. The decorator we worked with chose it, and I'm not sure if she picked fabric that wasn't appropriate or what, but it seems too smooth so it slides. It really stinks to be thinking about a new sofa so soon, but this thing is just so awful I'm ready to cut my losses and just toss it to the curb. I wouldn't even want to sell it and stick some poor unsuspecting person with it. Ugh.
    Maybe put a rug pad under the cushions and see if that holds them in place? I think you can cut any pad to size

schrocat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

All the toaster ovens I've owned have done that regardless of price point. You need one of those pop up toasters for perfect toast that doesn't need to be watched.

My annoying appliance was our fridge. It wouldn't shut properly and when you closed it, the freezer would open up. We just replaced it a month ago. Love the new fridge.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast