Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by schrocat View Post
    All the toaster ovens I've owned have done that regardless of price point. You need one of those pop up toasters for perfect toast that doesn't need to be watched.

My annoying appliance was our fridge. It wouldn't shut properly and when you closed it, the freezer would open up. We just replaced it a month ago. Love the new fridge.
    That's so funny because my cheap, ancient toaster oven is perfect! It's 20 years old and works so well. I think about replacing it sometimes but I know this old workhorse will just keep going and a new one would probably disappoint me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is an electric can opener. I have to stand there and hold the push down. My old one would go on its own once you locked the can in place. I need to replace, but I use it maybe once a week so that is when I get annoyed with it. Then I forget about it. But I hate that thing.

State of relief now that we will have sanity in the White House again

We have a nice, new, pretty expensive fridge. It doesn't have a door ajar alarm. Even my parents cheapo builder fridge has an alarm, but no, not this one. We've left it ajar about 5 times in 6 months, long enough that I've had to throw away meat and dairy. But gee, I t has an alarm to tell you when to reset the filter, so helpful. I would never have bought it if I knew it didn't have the door open alarm!
    ds 2004
    ds 2006
    ds 2008
    ds 2010

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    Maybe put a rug pad under the cushions and see if that holds them in place? I think you can cut any pad to size
    Totally this! Or shelf liner, the grippy kind.

Our toaster oven is the same!! You have to watch it, you can't rely on the timer. Even the kids have gotten anxious about it. "Mom, did you remember the toast??" "Mom, there's smoke coming out of the toaster oven!!!" "Mom, don't forget to watch the toast!". MIL bought it for us and it has already broken once...so she bought another one (exact same kind!!!) What a waste, and when she has her mind set on something it's just not worth arguing. I would rather have put that money towards a GOOD toaster oven like the kind everyone drools over (Breville or something).

Anyway we haven't gotten rid of it because it works perfectly fine, so long as you watch the freaking toast!!!

Annoying product: Plastic Neilmed neti pot that I got from CVS. The thing STINKS. It's SO cheaply made that the solution leaks out of the SEAMS. And the part that you put up to your nostril is sharp because of the cheap molded plastic. OMG it is driving me insane because I wanted a plastic one that the kids could use themselves. PLEASE GREEN TOYS - MAKE A NETI POT.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 01-15-2016 at 11:41 PM.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I hated our cuisinart toaster oven.. I finally got a breville and gave this to my cleaner, who was happy to have it!

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm also fed up of the fraying, malfunctioning usb and charger cables! Doesn't matter if it's apple or a knock off - they break so fast!

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy_Mea View Post
    My coffee maker beeps when it is done brewing. There is no way to shut it off, I have researched the heck out of it. We live in a small ranch, and the kitchen is at the end of the hallway to the bedrooms. All I want is dinner &$@#;(@ coffee to wake up in the morning before the kids get up, but I have to jump through hoops so the brewing coffee doesn't wake them!

I know I should buy a new coffee maker, but I love it otherwise, and it is 10 years old and going strong.
    !! This past year I splurged on two new small appliances. A cuisinart coffee maker and breville toaster oven. Both beep 3-4 times LOUDLY when done. Who the heck needs that design feature?! Wouldn't they assume that most people make coffee and use a toaster in the morning when other people may be sleeping?? omg, worst design feature, seriously! FWIW, both appliances work well and I am happy with them otherwise.

OP, I would just get rid of that toaster and buy another one. Life is too short to watch bread in the toaster . I have BTDT that with items (eg clothing, items that almost work good enough etc). I felt guilty to get rid of them, but when I finally got rid of those items, it was a relief. Might be a lame idea, but maybe your kids/DH can get you a new toaster for Mother's Day (or Valentines' Day since that's sooner lol). Maybe that way you will feel less guilt getting rid of the old toaster?

eta, I noticed you mentioned you bought it at costco? Everyone always says they have a great return policy. Maybe they have another toaster you can exchange it for?
    Last edited by liz; 01-16-2016 at 10:44 AM.

I hate my washing machine. Every time I wash black pants or leggings in it they come out with white spots on them. I feel like it doesn't get really dirty things clean either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I got a brand new dishwasher this summer. My largest cutting boards won't FIT in the dang thing (whole pizza size; fit fine in my old workhorse.) It also takes nearly three hours to run, where the old one took less than an hour. If I had any idea, I would have fixed the latch on the old one - for the third time - rather than fight with the new one.

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    I got a brand new dishwasher this summer. My largest cutting boards won't FIT in the dang thing (whole pizza size; fit fine in my old workhorse.) It also takes nearly three hours to run, where the old one took less than an hour. If I had any idea, I would have fixed the latch on the old one - for the third time - rather than fight with the new one.
    WHAT IS IT with dishwashers taking 3 hours to run? Our new one does as well. HOW can that possibly be energy efficient AND, because the tines all face a certain way, I cant get things to fit in it properly.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast