I wonder how many are introducing deva cup to their daughters?

Personally, I have never tried deva cup and since I am at the very end of my cycles (may already be there), do not plan on getting one. If I had several more years of cycles, I would consider trying it -- although emptying it sounds messy and I don't know if I would feel comfortable dealing with it at public restrooms. I don't remember teenager flow, but I think it was significantly less than what I experienced at times as a mature woman.

How difficult do you think it would be for a young teenager to manage a deva cup? How often do you think she will need to empty it per day (will she need to empty it at school?). I assume there will be some leakage when the cup gets full --- is this like the leakage one might experience when a tampon is full, or can a cup that is full 'fall out' and cause a lot of leakage?
I assume she would wear some type of pad too.

My dd is 11 and I am getting ready to talk to her in more detail about her changing body. We are not "there" yet, but she has started developing in other areas. I plan to get some supplies to be ready.

Does anyone know of free samples or first period kits available?

Thanks!