acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Could a City Mini GT be my main stroller?

So we need a new stroller for our 3rd and I feel like my wants and needs in a stroller has changed so much from my 1st 2 kids plus there are so many other options.

Our neighborhood is one consideration as I'm sure we will use it for a lot of walk with the dog and my kids on their scooters/bikes. The neighborhood is really hilly and has a nature trail through grass to a creek area that we use some as well. We will also be taking this stroller to a lot of soccer/softball fields for games, as well as the zoo, mall, apple/pumpkin farms, nature trails, etc. We will also need it for walks at my parents lake house which is on a hilly unpaved road.

We don't travel a ton - only trips in the near first few years with baby would probably be Hilton head and possibly Disney.

We do have a basic Chicco umbrella stroller in really good condition left as well as the stroller frame for the infant seat that a friend is lending us.

So in researching strollers, I am thinking we might go with the City Mini GT. We have used and liked that stroller in disney (rented the double several times). It worked for both DH at over 6'2" and me at 5'2".

Any reason this wouldn't be a good option? Or others I should consider based on above info? I love the idea of being able to face the baby toward me, but it seems like all those stroller either couldn't handle the terrain we need or are a lot more expensive. Thanks for your help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Around here that is used as a one and only all the time. Some of your uses you will need to push hard whereas a bob would be easier but you can probably wait and see if you feel like you need the bob for the trail walks/grass walks. Trail walks I think the city mini will be fine. Long grass will be more of an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is THE stroller we have used for our third. We wanted it for a lot of the same reasons you mentioned, actually, and it has done very well for us.

Did you know that there is a bassinet you can buy for the GT? That could be an option for having the baby face you for a little while...
    DD 6/06
    DS 4/09
    DS 5/12

Thanks!

I looked at the Bob, but was worried it might be too big and heavy for our needs, especially since neither of us will jog with it. I don't think there will be many situations where we are going through long grass, mostly gravel paths, sports fields, mowed areas, etc.

keh602, How has the GT done on grass and gravel for you?

It has done very well on grass and gravel. We even used it on sand once (I wouldn't recommend that ). I don't know that we've taken it through super long grass, but we've definitely had it on grass that was not freshly mowed. I just love that stroller, and I wish I'd had it for my first two. The fold is awesome, it feels much lighter than I thought it would, and it pushes very well.
    DD 6/06
    DS 4/09
    DS 5/12

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

This is also the only stroller I have used for my 3rd. I used a snap and go frame until 6 months and then the city mini gt has been it. I use it in stores, at soccer games... Pretty much everywhere!
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

Quote Originally Posted by scrooks View Post
    This is also the only stroller I have used for my 3rd. I used a snap and go frame until 6 months and then the city mini gt has been it. I use it in stores, at soccer games... Pretty much everywhere!
    Thanks! Great to hear from a couple people that it is working for them...I'm sold! Its so funny this 3rd time around, my DH is amazed how much faster I am able to say I we should get that one. With my first, I hemmed and hawed over every item!

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

GT would be great I'd also look at bumble ride indie/indie 4

I don't have a city mini but I do have a different baby jogger stroller (versa) for recent DD and I love it. It's my favorite stroller of all the ones that we have (Bugaboo Chameleon, Peg P3, Chicco...)
    DD '06
    DD '14