Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MommyAllison View Post
    Dd1 really likes these from H&M, and they are super cheap! http://m.hm.com/us/product/00141?article=00141-A They have a couple other styles as well.
    Cute - she'd love these! I'm shaking my head though though because these look like bras and she is like an ironing board! (And also she's my little baby girl...)

for Sandy Hook

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You could check out the selection at Target. I tend to stay away from the ones with the removable pads. I've gotten DD ones from Hanes.

http://www.target.com/c/underwear-br...m&max_price=to

DD2 just asked when she could start wearing a bra. Her chest is hurting so breast buds are coming. She's 10.5. <sniffle> I told her I'd look through DD1's old ones, LOL!
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

I know this thread is old but I wanted to update. DD1 got her period this morning. (You're the first ones I've told! ) She was ok, a little teary, tossed the underwear, lol. She's more concerned about having it next week at Universal, "How will I go in the pool?!?" But I assured her it will be done by then.

She's almost 12.5. I was really hoping she'd make it to 13.

jren is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboos View Post
    I know this thread is old but I wanted to update. DD1 got her period this morning. (You're the first ones I've told! ) She was ok, a little teary, tossed the underwear, lol. She's more concerned about having it next week at Universal, "How will I go in the pool?!?" But I assured her it will be done by then.

Not to scare you, but my DD's first period lasted over two months! Had to put her on the pill to stop it. I would take some tampons just in case. At 12.5, she may want to give them a try. My DD didn't like them, and chose to sit out of the pool instead, but she was only 10.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Aww, congrats to your DD! Big milestone for you too, mama.

for Sandy Hook

Quote Originally Posted by jren View Post
    Not to scare you, but my DD's first period lasted over two months! Had to put her on the pill to stop it. I would take some tampons just in case. At 12.5, she may want to give them a try. My DD didn't like them, and chose to sit out of the pool instead, but she was only 10.
    Oh yikes! That would be bad. I'll take some jr's with me.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh yikes! That would be bad. I'll take some jr's with me.
    Yup, seems that periods like to make their appearance at wonderful times, DD was the week of swim conference, so Tampons it was from day 1. MY BFF's DD got hers the morning of a major gymnastics meet, no way to wear a pad or skip the meet. It's totally doable to have a 12 year old put one in, just takes a little patience.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I got my pubic hair and my breast buds about the same time when I was 11, and I honestly can't remember which one I got first. I got my period a year later when I was 12 yrs. and a month. I started wearing a training bra when I was 11 almost 12. I was 106lbs and 4'11" when I got my period. My mom told me she was 13 and about 5'6" and 125lbs when she got her period, and my sister was 14 and about the same size as well my mom. My mom said she needed a regular b cup bra by 13 at the latest. My sister and I were in our late teens before we needed anything with support, I was a 36A and even now my sister is barely an A cup.

I was 16 before I was comfortable enough to use tampons so it might take some time.

My DD1 did ask for training bra the other day (a week after turning 10) because she said all of the girls have them, but then after talking we decided that it was really only two or three girls who had them and really needed one; however maybe we should look at the cropped ones like the H&M or Target ones that were linked up thread.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 04-15-2016 at 09:36 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3