Default silly question: one piece rash guard vs two piece

My kids need full sun protection from their swimwear, so we always do long sleeve rash guards for tops and then regular bottoms. For the last few years, I've been really into HA suits for whatever reason. This year they have a one piece option:
    http://www.hannaandersson.com/pdp.as...simg=44889_990

It is much cheaper to buy the one piece than the two pieces, BUT i don't love the print and my DD2 (who would be wearing it) will still be in a swim diaper. has anyone used a one piece rashguard? Did you like it? TIA!
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

I'm not a fan of the one piece rashguards in general, they're just so much harder to get off and on once they're wet. With a kiddo in swim diapers, it seems that much worse IMO! I've had luck at Costco getting long sleeve rashguards or two-piece suits with built in SPF, but it's probably still a bit early to find them there.

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I used and loved a one-piece rashguard when DD was 1-2 years old. It was awesome and I loved that it didn't ride up and stayed put. The one we had had excellent easy snaps on the legs so it was super easy for diaper changes. I would definitely NOT do a one-piece for a diaper/pull ups age kiddo if it didn't have easy diaper access!
    Lizi

citymama is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We LOVED those swimmy rashguards for DD2 until about age 2. So adorable for a kid with diapers, but more challenging for a potty training kid! Once they're PTed I like two-piece rashguard suits.

ETA - but we bought the baby suit, which I would recommend for a 2 year old: http://www.hannaandersson.com/pdp.as...simg=42561_70M

for Sandy Hook

Dd2 had one when she was a baby/toddler and I loved it! Like others said, no rash guard riding up on her belly, and she was much easier to hang onto that way. I found it easier than a regular one piece swimsuit to get on and off, because it zipped up the front. It was from Old Navy but looked identical in style to the HA suit in citymama's post.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11