With baby #3 on the way, I have been thinking about my plan for feeding this time around. With my last 2, I had all sorts of breastfeeding issues and ended up exclusively pumping for both for several months then needing to supplement or switch to formula. I'm not sure if I should just give it a try and see what happens this time around or if I should probably prepare myself that I will have similar issues. Here is the laundry list of what I dealt with in the past (sorry in advance for the TMI!)...

1) I have inverted nipples which made it hard for both kids to latch.

2) Both kids were early and little and didn't have a strong enough suck/latch to draw out the nipple.

3) With DD, I had significant supply issues.

4) With DS, I had ok supply, but got mastitis repeatedly.

Obviously, the inverted nipples will still be an issue to contend with and I will most likely have an early/small baby again. We are in a new city this time around and I'm trying to figure out if I need to explore renting a hospital grade pump again (last time, there was a lactation center right in the hospital that arranged all that for me, but I don't think here has that set up). I'm also trying to figure out what bottles and other supplies I would need right at the start. Obviously, no one can predict exactly how it will go but I am trying to think about ways to be somewhat prepared so we aren't scrambling. While I would love to breastfeed in some way, I also know that the issues last time just got to be so challenging that it was consuming family time at the expense of all of us (I was pumping round the clock separate from feedings, visiting pediatrician and lactation consultants very frequently, making me feel miserable and guilty, etc.). I know with 2 older ones to keep up with, that just can't happen this time for the sake of the whole family's well being! So I want to be prepared to possibly give it the best shot I can at the beginning, but also know that I might have to be open to options!

Anyone have any advice??