View Poll Results: Which soft structure carrier?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ergo

1 12.50%
  • Tula

5 62.50%
  • Boba

0 0%
  • Beco

2 25.00%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default Which soft structure carrier?

DS loves being in the K'tan, but I really need something more supportive. He is almost 7 months old and about 16 pounds. Which carrier would you go with? DH isn't convinced the cost is worth it, so price is a factor, as well as comfort. Out of the ones I am considering, Craig's list only has a few Ergos and Tula and the prices seem high for used items on Craig's list. There are no baby wearing groups near me, so I can't try any of them. Poll coming. Choices: Ergo, Tula, Boba, Beco, other

ETA: a little more information.
    I am petite and live in a hot climate.
    Last edited by trcy; 05-09-2016 at 07:46 AM.
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

Default Which soft structure carrier?

Tula! Very comfy and cute. They have a good resale value too. I had an ergo with #1 and a piccolo and beco with #2, and a Tula with #3. Tula was my favorite.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

We used a performance Ergo until very recently (a bit over 2 and somewhere around 30 pounds, size 24 month/2T clothes) and were very happy with it. Just switched to a Toddler Tula which I also like very much. It is cuter, but honestly they seem almost exactly the same to me in terms of how they work!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

tmahanes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I don't think my Ergo is very comfy.

I sparkly heart love my Lenny Lamb. It fits great and you can cross the straps to make it more comfy. My Tula I just got seems comfy but my little is short and still does not fully fit at 10 months.

Both the Tula and Lenny Lamb have a much better resale value than Ergo.

Lillebaby are also supposed to be very well liked.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Tara

DS - B 2/10

Tula ! Have you looked on any of the BST pages on FB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have experience with a Pikkolo and a Tula. I prefer the Tula. I have been wearing my DD in it since she was ~7 months (probably about 16 pounds at that time) and wear her in it all the time now at 10 months (19 lbs). I also like that the Tula has a little carrying pocket on the band so I can easily stash my phone or credit card.

With DD1, I used a Moby until she was 4 months or so then switched to a soft structured carrier. It was way better -- the stretchy Moby just wasn't supportive enough as she grew. So I don't know exact experience with the K'Tan, but I think it's similiar to the Moby in fit (stretchy). I definitely think it's well worth it to get a SSC if you plan to babywear much longer!
    Lizi

More info in OP. Thanks for all of the input!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

Do you have a Target or a BuyBuyBaby where you can try one or two on? Target carries Ergo and BuyBuyBaby carries some, though I can't remember which because I've only been there once. I've also seen Ergo at TJMaxx/Marshalls from time to time. Tulas do seem to resell for quite a high percentage of original retail.

Honestly, I think the ones you listed are more alike than different, and it all comes down to personal preference and how they fit you.

Edit again Beco Gemini's on clearance for $65, and some other clearance options as well. http://frogmama.com/collections/clearance
    Last edited by gymnbomb; 05-09-2016 at 09:28 AM.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    Do you have a Target or a BuyBuyBaby where you can try one or two on?
    Edit again Beco Gemini's on clearance for $65, and some other clearance options as well. http://frogmama.com/collections/clearance
    I didn't know Target would let me try on the Ergo, I need to go there for a few things anyway. Do you think they would let me try it with DS?
    That's a good price for the Beco. Maybe I could talk DH into that. He doesn't see the point of getting a more expensive carrier when I have the K'tan. But it is not his back!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

I can't imagine wearing my 16lb 6 month old in a K'tan for any extended period of time- just not enough support.
    I have and like a Beco Gemini, and a Lilebaby Airflow. I can see that my tall guy will outgrow the Gemini sooner than the Lilebaby, though.
    Target also carries both Tula and Lile now.
    Any chance you have any small boutique baby stores around, they are usually very knowledgeable and helpful at finding what fits you well.
    DS 11-15
    DD 3-19

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast