Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

6 loads a week, family of four.

8 loads avg., family of four. Majority is done on Monday (started Sun night) with 3 loads on Thursday. Towels and whites get washed on Monday only. Sheets get washed on Thursday only.

I've done about 6 today, including 3 loads of sheets for the same bed. Stomach virus.

9-10 loads per week - Monday is big day of 6 or 7 loads including sheets and towels and anything laying around. Thursday is about 3 just to get us back to Monday.

Family of 5

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

6 people, 13-14 loads per week. That doesn't include sheets unless Ds3 wets the bed. That's 1-2 loads.

I wash the majority of my loads Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. On Sunday afternoon the kids and I spread it all out on my bedroom floor and sort, fold, hang and put everything away. We watch a movie while we work. If all of us are workig on it we can usually get it done by the time the movie is over. Otherwise I finish up while the kids are in school on Monday morning.

In in the summer it's more because we have pool towels. The pool and shower towels in the summer increase the laundry exponentially.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

bigsis is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I do 7-8 loads a week. We are a family of 4. The laundry area seems to be my hangout.
    Lea

Mom to:
    DD 8/2003
    DS 11/2005

WOW! I am in shock at the numbers of loads folks are doing per DAY. Our loads are more like 3-4 loads per WEEK for a family of 4 (two girls under 10). First, DH and I dry clean most of our work clothes so we only have workout clothes, underwear, and pajamas (which are not washed daily!). Plus, DDs' only extracurricular activity doesn't require weekly laundry (e.g., no soccer uniforms or practice outfits to wash!). I also rely far too heavily on paper towels and paper napkins (I don't like dishtowels and fabric napkins as that would be more loads of laundry). Finally, as a WOHM, I just don't know when I'd find the time to do daily loads of laundry. I don't even sort by color--all loads are cold/cold and I try to wait until the weekend to do it all!

Family of 4 with 3 loads separated by colors & cold/hot cycles twice a week. But I was finding that to be overwhelming and way too time consuming!
    Now I do one load a day; each bedroom has laundry basket so I just grab whichever basket that looks full to do a load. Towels are in their own laundry basket in the boys bathroom, so that gets done once a week. I usually wash our sheets every 2 weeks and the boys bedding once weekly. I feel like one load a day is so much more manageable for me! Plus I do a ton of dry cleaning for DH work clothes, my good tops and DS1's uniforms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

For the 5 of us, I do 5 weekly and then sheets/towels are every other, so another 4. I could drop a load easily, but I don't separate much of the kid stuff and do each kid on their own.
    Kris

4 people, about 5 or 6 loads a week. I do them on work from home days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast