Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

6-7 a wk for a family of 5.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

9 loads each week - family of 4

2 loads of towels
    2 loads of sheets
    1 load of kitchen linens
    1 load of darks
    1 load of sweats / flannels
    1 load of lights / whites
    1 load of brights

I like doing laundry. It's one of the few housekeeping tasks that i can actually manage to complete.
    Last edited by jgenie; 02-05-2016 at 09:00 AM.

khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We are a family of 4. I make DH do his own laundry. DH says I'm the only wife he knows who doesnt do her husbands laundry, but whatever...he complained once about how I fold clothes so I just said then do your own! I work too so I dont see why I should have to do his laundry on top of everything.

I would say on average I do 3 loads of laundry a week between myself and 2 kids. DH probably does another 2 a week...so 5 loads.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

blisstwins is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I do about 6 loads, but I do it at a laundromat while my kids are in a class. Yep. It's the only time I have. We are NEVER home. My kids have this long ballet class so I put the laundry in, drop them off, and and fold, and then get them. I take 3 jumbo machines and can dry all at once. It is AWESOME. Before this I used to send it all out.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Usually 6 loads for family of 4.
    2 dark
    1 white
    1 red/pink/purple
    1 towels
    1 sheets
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

4-6 loads twice a week. DS1 and I change towels and pajamas daily.

lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

towels 2-3 times a week

sheets on sundays

i only separate clothing by underwear & socks vs. everything else

so for the clothing I usually do about 1 load every few days. DH wears suits every day, so all he generates for me to wash during the week is underwear and socks.

oh, I do also separate work out clothes - so my stuff, DH's stuff and DS' sweaty practice stuff gets washed separate from the rest of the clothes. we have enough of that stuff that i can collect a load and wash that once a week. I keep it in a separate hamper too so it doesn't stink up the other clothing.
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

I have no idea! Maybe 6 or 7 loads a week? Honestly, we usually wash when we're out of clean clothes. lol For DH, that's every three weeks or so. That man has SO many clothes. He's just keep stacking in his dirty clothes laundry basket until the pile is twice as high as the actual basket. It's like a leaning tower of clothes. I don't have as many clothes, so I wash more frequently, but it ebbs and flows. And we wash DS' clothes when they are spilling out of his hamper. Towels ands sheets sit in a pile on the floor in the laundry room until either DH or I get tired of looking at them.

We take a very collegiate approach to laundry.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Wow, not as much as some people! Family of 5, with 2 kids that are practically adult size. Nothing gets separated, we're not that fancy . We're also on a well in CA, so I really try to be careful with water usage. Towels get done maybe once a week. On average, one full load every other day.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Family of 6, about six loads per week. We each use 1 towel per week and I wash about half the beds every other week. I do about a load per day. I don't find it that big a chore, as my kids will do most of the folding, hangup and putting away.

1 white s
    1 darks (hang to dry)
    1 (my) work clothes (hang to dry)
    1 kitchen towels/rags
    1 towels
    1 sheets
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast