Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Stroller advice needed

I'm looking for some stroller advice. I have never had a nice stroller and never done much research into them so I'm barely sure where to start.

I have a 4 year old and a 6 month old. The only stroller I own/have ever owned is a super cheap Graco Literider. We rarely used it with DD1 when she was little because I always just wore her, and it's been fine for the light use it's gotten. Over the summer I borrowed a friend's Baby Trend jogger and was in awe of how much nicer it was to use. It made me realize just how bad the Literider is.

I want to get a nice stroller now. I still don't expect to use it a ton, so I'm very hesitant to go for something top-of-the-line -- but I want something nicer than this cruddy Graco! The biggest times I use the stroller are for outdoor walks around my neighborhood (not the nicest streets/sidewalks, but it's not like off-road or anything) and trips to the zoo or children's museum. I wear my baby everywhere right now and expect to continue to do so for quite awhile, and DD1 is a pretty good walker already -- I don't expect her to be in a stroller too much more. So, I'm looking for a single stroller. Something I can use with DD1 for our long walks right now, but then that I can transition DD2 into once I'm not wearing her as much. I'm pretty interested in the concept of a ride-on board or something that I could use in the future -- so on a longer trip, DD2 could ride in the stroller but DD1 would have a place to jump on if she needs a break. We're moving to Europe over the summer and while details aren't settled I expect to be in an area where we'll do quite a bit of walking (but not major/big city -- we'll be living in a house, not an apartment, etc.)

So -- given all this -- can you give me some ideas on what strollers would be worth it to check out? Thank you!
    Lizi

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would like at the city mini and city mini gt. They are both great. The GT has a slightly better push but is also a bit heavier. Bigger, bulkier and better tires. Both are incredibly easy to fold, are great for travel and use in Europe. We left our city mini at my in laws in England so we have used it quite a bit overseas.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I am really liking my Valco snap4, but I am not sure if you can put a ride on board on it. The BJCM is also very nice. We debated between the two, but went with the Valco because I could use my car seat with it...but I never got the adapter so it turned out to be a nonissue.
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

Quote Originally Posted by trcy View Post
    I am really liking my Valco snap4, but I am not sure if you can put a ride on board on it. The BJCM is also very nice. We debated between the two, but went with the Valco because I could use my car seat with it...but I never got the adapter so it turned out to be a nonissue.
    I forgot about the snap. I have the snap duo and love it!! We walk in our neighborhood all the time.

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You can get air tires for the snap as well. You might want to look at bumbleride indie, one of the mountain buggy 3 wheel models and Phil &teds. I'd look at used for sure - high quality strollers really hold up

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Ok, I'm finally getting around to researching these. Two questions:

It looks like the Valco Snap does not allow for a ride-on board, but the Valco Zee does. Anyone have that one and have any feedback on it?

I've read and seen some feedback that the City Mini may be a little annoying for a shorter person because of the handle height and the fact it isn't adjustable. I'm 5'3" -- anyone around that height have one and can comment on that?

Thank you!
    Lizi

Quote Originally Posted by Liziz View Post
    Ok, I'm finally getting around to researching these. Two questions:

It looks like the Valco Snap does not allow for a ride-on board, but the Valco Zee does. Anyone have that one and have any feedback on it?

I've read and seen some feedback that the City Mini may be a little annoying for a shorter person because of the handle height and the fact it isn't adjustable. I'm 5'3" -- anyone around that height have one and can comment on that?

Thank you!
    I am 5'3" and have a City Mini GT that I bought (used) last fall after asking for recommendations here and absolutely love. I pushed the regular City Mini around at BRU and thought it was fine, but it can be hard to tell from a 5 minute walk around the store We went with the used GT vs the new regular CM because DH liked it better and thought the tires would make a big difference. He is probably right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

My brother is 6ft2 and has no problem with the handle. I am 5ft4 and also have no problems.

meljc is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

City Mini GT. The handle bar adjusts. It can take a glider (don't get the BJ one -- I hate it). My 4yo fits nicely in the seat of the GT double (or in the Versa, which is quite similar). The ride is smoother than the regular City Mini (which we have as well). On sale for $280 at Albee, free shipping, no tax outside of NY:
    Last edited by missym; 02-24-2017 at 09:55 AM.