Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I have two hand towels for the guest/half baths where the sink is the only thing used on a regular basis. I do laundry on Monday and Thursday, so I grab the towel being used and hang the second towel up. Typically on both laundry days, but at a minimum always on Monday (my bigger wash day). I store the extra towel in the vanity for the bathroom.

DH and I shower at least once a day but do use the same bath towel. I was those on the two wash days. Kids get washed once a week on Monday.

I wash and put away all the laundry on the same day. So I don't collect it until it's being washed.

I produce crazy amounts of laundry in the kitchen. We use cloth napkins and lots of towels. Those get thrown straight in the washing machine as we use them so I know that's always my first load to add to on the twice per week laundry days.

See, this is why I posted here. You guys are brilliant! Hand towels stored where you need them. A designated towel washing day. Thank you!!!
    ~Shanamama

Mommy's girl- 10 years old!!
    Daddy's girl- turning 7!!
    monkey boy- 3 years old now!!

Wacky typos brought to you by autocorrect.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Something that's really helped us is having certain sets in certain bathrooms. I have a 6 pack of hand towels from Costco in the most frequently used downstairs bathroom. The other 5 are crammed into the tiny cabinet below. That towel gets changed out daily probably as it's used A LOT. We have a thinner Sam's club set of white handtowels in the kids' bathroom and they are changed out less frequently, but picking definite days would help me.

Having different sets helps us know where/how many to put upstairs and downstairs.

Which cloth napkins are people using? The ones I had from BBB were just too big for everyday use.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    Something that's really helped us is having certain sets in certain bathrooms. I have a 6 pack of hand towels from Costco in the most frequently used downstairs bathroom. The other 5 are crammed into the tiny cabinet below. That towel gets changed out daily probably as it's used A LOT. We have a thinner Sam's club set of white handtowels in the kids' bathroom and they are changed out less frequently, but picking definite days would help me.

Having different sets helps us know where/how many to put upstairs and downstairs.

Which cloth napkins are people using? The ones I had from BBB were just too big for everyday use.
    My kids use Eli's wipes. We're at 7 years with the first batch and they're still going strong. DH and I use napkins I picked up at Tuesday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post

This is a good idea, too. The downstairs half bath needs to be changed the most frequently by far. The upstairs ones much less frequently, especially now as we'll have more bathrooms.
    ~Shanamama

Mommy's girl- 10 years old!!
    Daddy's girl- turning 7!!
    monkey boy- 3 years old now!!

Wacky typos brought to you by autocorrect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2