Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What kind of stroller(s) to bring to WDW?

We're going soon. DS is 7. DD is 3. DD wants to be carried everywhere. I don't want her to slow us down or kill my husband, so she's going to want to ride most of the time. DS is 7. He hasn't ridden in a stroller in forever, but he gets jealous. If DD is riding, he may want to ride. He'll probably also get tired at night and want to ride back to the hotel. We definitely need a seat for each kid.

Last time we took our double BOB. DH doesn't want to do that again. He said that stroller was just too heavy and difficult to manage on and off transportation. He wants to take our Vista and G-Luxe. He says he'll handle the Vista, and we can hang the G-luxe from the Vista handlebars or stow it underneath when not in use. I'll only have to deal with strapping the G-Luxe on my back when getting on and off buses. I'm not so sure the G-luxe is small enough to hang off the Vista. I'm worried that handling two strollers is going to be even more difficult than managing the big BOB. Would you bring the two strollers, bring the BOB, or rent a City Mini from Apple Scooters? The Citi Mini might be easier to fold and lift than the BOB, but since I've never handled one in person, I don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I really think I'd make 1 single stroller work. My kiddos have never needed strollers to get through long days at amusement parks or city sightseeing vacations (quite comparable in exertion and walking). If he really needs it (or you need it), rent while you're down there. But see how it goes first as you could be pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I can't imagine polishing a3 and 7 yo in a bjcmd. For my 2 and 5 yos, we are renting the Bob double. I would go with the single umbrella stroller, and they can trade off.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

How big are your kids? We took a single BOB to Disney for a 2.5 and 5 yo and it was fine. I'm sure it's totally off label use but my 5 yo hitched a ride on the front wheel cover at night or if he needed a rest. The stroller was definitely harder to push that way but it worked well and I'm so glad we only had one stroller to deal with the rest of the time.

I don't have anything to compare it to, but the stroller we've taken to WDW 4 times is a BJCMD. For our first trip, we had 2 strollers with us, and it was such a pain. Part of that was because DS1 was only 13 months old at the time and needed to be carried if he wasn't in the stroller, but it was so much of a pain dealing with two strollers that we only used one while we were in the parks. The next year we bought the City Mini, and it has been wonderful for us. During our last trip, our kids were 3, 6, and 9, and all of them took turns in the stroller. They are taller than average, too, and it worked. It wasn't necessarily pleasant pushing it uphill, but in a pinch it worked. That was probably our last trip with the double, and it'll be nice to go with just a single, but we had the routine DOWN with hauling that thing on and off buses, etc. So if you do decide to rent one, I think it'll do well for you.
    DD 6/06
    DS 4/09
    DS 5/12

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We went in August and rented a single Bob. My 7.5 yo and 5.5 yo traded off. DS2 rode in the wheel well when they both needed a lift. Loved having the stroller to carry stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    We went in August and rented a single Bob. My 7.5 yo and 5.5 yo traded off. DS2 rode in the wheel well when they both needed a lift. Loved having the stroller to carry stuff.
    Thank you all for your advice! I'm waffling between renting a BJCMD or a single BOB. I'm also going to see if there's any way DS can still fit on the Vista's riding board. I'm doubtful.

Keh602, is the BJCMD easy to fold and carry? DH hated having to haul our double BOB. Honestly, we only had two days on busses, but he swore he'd never do it again. If the BJCMD is comparable in weight and bulk, he's not going to be happy.

jgenie, do you remember where you rented the single BOB? That might be a good compromise for us. Does it have a decently easy fold? Does it have a storage basket?

Last time DD was 11 months and DS was 4.5. They both fell asleep every night in the double stroller, and DS wouldn't nap midday at the hotel, but he often fell asleep in the stroller on the way back to the parks at about 3pm. Even now he's prone to falling asleep in the car mid afternoon if he's tired. I'm sort of worried about trying to make do with only one sleep able seat. DS might need a seat.

I rented from Kingdom Strollers. I think the baby joggers are easier to fold. I have a bob at home so the fold wasn't a problem. If you aren't familiar with the fold look up a video on YouTube and practice it in your room when you arrive. You'll be fine after a few tries. It has a basket underneath. It's a bit of a pain to get things in and out but we were fine with it. We also had stroller hooks to hang things from the handle.

The Bob was so much easier to deal with than the double baby jogger we rented on our first trip.

Quote Originally Posted by 123LuckyMom View Post
    Keh602, is the BJCMD easy to fold and carry? DH hated having to haul our double BOB. Honestly, we only had two days on busses, but he swore he'd never do it again. If the BJCMD is comparable in weight and bulk, he's not going to be happy.
    I don't know how the BJCMD compares to a BOB, but it isn't that heavy. I'm sure you could look up your exact stroller to compare, but I see the BJCMD listed at 26.5 lbs. I asked DH, since he is the one primarily hauling it around, and he said that it's just not that big of a deal. Because of the way it folds, it sits on the floor of buses pretty well--and from what I've seen of BOBs, I would think the BJ would almost have to fold up smaller. The fold itself is really really easy and quick. We've never had to fold it on monorails, which is nice. We've pushed sleeping kids back to the resort most nights in that stroller.
    DD 6/06
    DS 4/09
    DS 5/12

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast