♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Bitty Twins accessories ? knock-offs?

for her birthday, DD (going to be 5) really wants Bitty Twins accessories. MIL has offered to fund various $$$ accessories (the rolling carrier set, lemonade stand). i think we will maybe get her a few other accessories. i think she would love the doll potty!

i was scrolling thru some of the other options for accessories , like snack set, baking sets, etc.which are still like $30+....i am wondering if there is cheaper brand (Target??) that is similar stuff for same sized/type of dolls and not so pricey? I'm sure at this age DD will not notice if not everything is American Girl.

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

The Our Generation brand sold at Target has very nice accessory sets - including many food-related packs. In a lot of ways, they're much better than AG. They're intended for the 18" dolls, but I don't think that the scale would be off by too much for the smaller Bitty Twin dolls. One thing that I'll mention is that there are rumours of the Bitty Twin line being retired by AG, so if there is something that your daughter really has her eye on for the future, it might be worthwhile to actively monitor pricing and stock levels.
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thank you! Good to know re: possible discontinuation!

I looked up Our Generation online and now I really really really want to get her the Wooden Wardrobe..I think it would be great for organizing th e doll clothes etc.

However, you can't order it from Target online and NONE of the stores I've checked (local, out of state) have it in stock. It says out of stock or not carried at the store. So strange. amazon has it, but for more than 50% more.. $100!! I wonder if this is common wi th the our generation items?

FWIW both of mine love love all the accessories from AG. You might not have thought to look outside of the Bitty line so if you haven't check out the food accessories for the 18 in. dolls. Last year I bought the chocolate bunny "making" set and something with "decorating" Easter eggs and they had so much fun playing with it. DD also has the breakfast and and camp stove food sets and they love playing with them. If your household is anything like mind your DS might have fun playing right along with your DD. Those sets have been a good value for the price. The Bitty sets seem expensive for fewer pieces to me. If you sign up for their email list you can also see when they have their clearance sales which can be really cheap.

kit is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I agree you could definitely use alot of the accessories intended for 18 inch dolls, both at AG and Target's Our Generation line with the bitty twins.

The Our Generation Wooden Wardrobe is really great! I saw it recommended on here and bought one, then ended up buying two more when they were on sale around the holidays I loved the first so much! I think they may go in and out of stock, or they come out with new patterns? The first one I bought has a different pattern than the other two.