WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default need ideas for DD's spring/summer clothing size 14/ for a 10 year old

She has always been happy with 2nd hand HA, Gap, Gymbo, "cute" clothes with no words, no sparkles, just comfortable, colorful, and easy.

Things she wants:
    real sleeves (no capped sleeves, no sleeveless, no flare-type)
    longer shorts
    soft bendy stretchy fabrics (no athletic clothing, just soft cotton)
    solids, stripes, floral
    designs okay (but no words, no sparkle, no food designs)
    no black or brown
    nothing that fits "tight" (she's a fit swimmer and complains things are tight in sleeves/shoulders...and she is pretty muscular all around)

We've got a few things from Hanna, but I need another place we can grab 5-6 items that are more reasonable in cost. We are hitting a local consignment sale today with great hopes, but I know things get iffy in the size 14 range.
    Last edited by WatchingThemGrow; 02-20-2016 at 06:56 AM.

Default need ideas for DD's spring/summer clothing size 14/ for a 10 year old

Sounds EXACTLY like my DD. She turns 10 next month and she's a swimmer and most shirts are too tight in the armpit area because she's so muscular and broad. Last fall we tried on a million shirts at target and found some. Currently they have bsseball tees (that cut) with some stripes and/or contesting color sleeves that fit her. I usually get her bottoms at gap kids. Old navy sometimes too.

What about lands end? I'm not sure on cut for tops though.

Does she like tie dye? DD has some cute tie dye shirts that are that generic gender cut of t-shirt, but the tie dye designs are super cute and fun.

Let me know where you find shirts. It's been a huge challenge since DD joined the swim team nearly 2 years ago
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

If you can't find good second hand nicer brands, I would try target and old navy. Check the kids section and size XS/S in misses. Juniors is also an option, but tends to run slimmer/tighter so she may not love the fit. I find size 16 roughly equal to a 2-4 in misses, so 14 would probably fit a 00-2 depending on brand and cut.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Target, Old Navy and Gap on sale. Gap seems to have constant sales that bring prices way down. I never pay full price at the Gap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

H & M might have stuff she likes.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'd try Old Navy, they go up to 14/16 but are pretty casual and modest for that age. If she grows much you're stuck with either Justice (they do have some simple plain stuff and go up to size 18), but then you have to do juniors and for a girl that young it's tough.

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by HannaAddict View Post
    Target, Old Navy and Gap on sale. Gap seems to have constant sales that bring prices way down. I never pay full price at the Gap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    These would be my suggestions.
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06