Default Help me pack clothes

The above should be a screenshot of the weather while we're at Disney. It's looking like highs in the mid to upper 70's and lows in the low to mid 50's.

Do you think the kids will be okay with shorts and tees during the day with a sweatshirt and raincoat at night? Should I bring long pants for them to change into? Will they need heavier jackets, like spring weight. We'll also have our winter jackets because we'll wear them to and from the airport.

If I wear jeans, a tank top, and bring a wool cardigan, will I be okay, or should I bring a spring weight or winter jacket?

Our winter jackets are down.

I feel foolish asking, but I can't seem to wrap my head around this! Please give me your advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Friday through Sunday jeans, tshirts and fleeces or sweatshirts.

Your plan otherwise sounds fine. When we were there in January, it was so chilly in the morning and when the sun went down (lows were the same as you have on the weekend).

I'd skip the winter coats as you don't really want to lug them. No one will freeze on the walk from the car to the airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Friday through Sunday jeans, tshirts and fleeces or sweatshirts.

Your plan otherwise sounds fine. When we were there in January, it was so chilly in the morning and when the sun went down (lows were the same as you have on the weekend).

I'd skip the winter coats as you don't really want to lug them. No one will freeze on the walk from the car to the airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh, SnuggleBuggles, last year that is exactly what I said to myself. Then we got to Disney, and it was in the low 30's, which had not been forecast, and it did not get much warmer during the day!!! We froze like nobody's business! My mother was so cold that she bought and wore a hideous looking sweat poncho type thing, and if you knew my mother, you would know how cold she must have been to do that! Now, I'm scared of Disney weather! I'm bringing the coats just in case!!!

So if we're talking park days Sunday through Friday, on Sunday and Friday we all wear jeans, a tee shirt, and bring a sweatshirt and raincoat for night time. On the rest of the days we wear shorts and tees and bring jeans, sweatshirt and raincoats for the kids. I just bring my cardigan. Does that sound right? That means at rope drop we'll be wearing shorts, tees, and sweatshirts/jackets. At night we'll have the long pants. I'll just have a cardigan.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I would be in my jeans every day, but I hate to be cold and don't get hot easily.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Philly Mom is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We were in Florida in those temps earlier this month. My kids wore shorts etc. I wore light pants and tees with long sleeve tees on top. DH wore shorts and tees. Jeans would have been too much for us.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains mobile app

Okay, I think I've decided. On Sunday and Friday DD will wear long leggings with sleeveless tunics. She has short leggings I'll bring in case she gets hot. On other days she'll wear shorts/skirts and tees/tanks, and I'll carry a pair of jeans or sweat pants just in case. She'll have a sweater/sweatshirt and raincoat for cold rope drop and fireworks temps. DS will wear shorts and tees the whole time. I'll keep a pair of jeans or sweat pants in the backpack in case he needs them. He'll also have a sweatshirt and windbreaker. I'll wear jeans except on the midweek days when I'll wear shorts. I'll bring my cardigan. On Sunday I'll bring my jacket. So we'll be carrying two pairs of kid pants and an extra DD outfit (all of which can fit in a gallon freezer bag), two kid sweatshirts, and two kid jackets. Those items, a small first aid kit, and our small cooler should fit in a backpack. Since we have a stroller with a big basket, I think that's doable. If we see on the first park night, which will be the coldest, that we didn't need the long pants, we won't bring them again.

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We just got home from Disney yesterday. We wore shorts everyday. We took fleeces and windbreakers but didn't end up needing them much (we were only in the parks 1 evening and wore pants and windbreakers then.
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13