Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

We loved akl! It feels like a true resort. The busses were great, and didn't bother us at all. Boardwalk is on my list of places to try, but akl is a very unique resort, it is so well themed, you feel as if you aren't even in the US.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks everyone for the awesome feedback! We booked our stay for Boardwalk. Yes, Boardwalk is more expensive, but the dates were more convenient than AKL, so that's ok. Yes, we will be driving (this will be our first time driving). Usually we rely on Disney transportation, but it might be nice to have our own car as another option.

Even with the "last minute" nature of our trip, I'm happy with our FastPass confirmations. We didn't manage to snag the ever elusive and still insanely popular Elsa & Anna meet and greet, which is a bummer, but not surprising. I'm excited that I got to choose the new purple color for my MagicBand!
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)

Quote Originally Posted by jam224 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the awesome feedback! We booked our stay for Boardwalk. Yes, Boardwalk is more expensive, but the dates were more convenient than AKL, so that's ok. Yes, we will be driving (this will be our first time driving). Usually we rely on Disney transportation, but it might be nice to have our own car as another option.

Even with the "last minute" nature of our trip, I'm happy with our FastPass confirmations. We didn't manage to snag the ever elusive and still insanely popular Elsa & Anna meet and greet, which is a bummer, but not surprising. I'm excited that I got to choose the new purple color for my MagicBand!
    I hope you love the Boardwalk! It truly is beautiful in that area.

I had no idea there were purple magic bands!! I'm so excited to order one for our October trip!
    DD 6/06
    DS 4/09
    DS 5/12

SummerBaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

You will love the Boardwalk. It's really beautiful and so easy to walk to either HS or Epcot. Even if you don't go to a park at night they have entertainment on the Boardwalk. My girls loved it. We have also stayed at AKL and it's also really beautiful...but after a couple nights we were bored and wished there were more entertainment options without having to go to a park.

Keep checking on FPs - I got one three days before we had planned to do MK. People constantly changing plans. Otherwise I noticed a lull around lunch time and then of course if it is an early magic hour at MK that is a good time too if no FP

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

jent is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm excited that I got to choose the new purple color for my MagicBand!
    Wait, there's purple?! I just chose my band a few weeks back and was hoping for purple, but no dice. I've got to check again before they ship!

ETA: have a great trip!!
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

Quote Originally Posted by marymoo86 View Post
    Keep checking on FPs - I got one three days before we had planned to do MK. People constantly changing plans. Otherwise I noticed a lull around lunch time and then of course if it is an early magic hour at MK that is a good time too if no FP
    Thanks for the encouragement! As an update, we did manage to snag Fastpasses for Elsa & Anna! I'm also really excited that we booked Be Our Guest for dinner. I've heard mixed reviews, but I'm eager to try it myself! I love the new purple MagicBand as well. The corresponding luggage tag is super cute:

The one thing I am disappointed about, is the news that they've canceled the new Rivers of Light show for Animal Kingdom. We were looking forward to it! There's no news on the new debut date.
    Jennifer

npace19147 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We really liked Be Our Guest, the theming is great. Make sure you go into each separate dining room, they each have a different Beauty and the Beast theme and are well done. In the west wing room, if you stay long enough it does this cool simulated thunderstorm and you can see the portrait of the prince turn into the beast.
    Nancy, mom to

DD1 5/04 and DD2 3/07

As an update to this thread, we LOVED Boardwalk!! You ladies rock! We stayed at Club Level and it was fabulous. Highly recommend! We had an amazing trip and are already looking forward to coming back! Also, I can't believe my little girl is now FIVE!!
    Jennifer

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    My friends did a "resort only" vacation at AKL last summer. They did all the free kid activities, and it kept them busy enough they stayed on the resort property for days at a time and loved it. Is it the same price at The Boardwalk? usually it's very pricey.

What free activities do they have?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2