Default Which shoe manufacturer do you recommend for a toddler?

Hey there!
    Which shoe manufacturer do you recommend for a toddler? Stride Rites are so expensive!

What is your target price range? I am usually able to get Stride Rites for $20-30 depending on how specific of a shoe I am looking for and how long I have to look for sales. By comparison, DS's favorite shoes are his light up Cars shoes which go for $23 at Target, though I think I got them on sale for $17 or 18.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

NCGrandma is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

During her fat-footed toddler stage, I bought a bunch of See Kai Run shoes for DGD2. They are usually way out of your price range but I've gotten them on sale as low as $16, and they wear really well.

Sent from my iPod touch using Baby Bargains mobile app

Stride rite, pediped, see Kai run, Livie and Luca. It's possible to get deals on all of them if you look around over time on Amazon. I try to spend no more than $20 for a pair of shoes/sandals. For winter boots I typically have to spend more.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I liked Osh Kosh shoes when DS was a toddler (he has a high instep). I bought them at Ross/TJMaxx/Marshalls for about $15 a pair.
    DS 2/09

We also love See Kai Runs for chunky toddler feet. Like others posters have said, you can find good discounts on Amazon, or I shop the SKR website during sales.

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Kohl's carries Oshkosh sandals and I have loved those for several years. Durable, light weight and good flexible sole. The Jumping Bean sandals that look like Keens are good some years, too. W-Mart also has a specific style of Carter's sandals/summer sneakers with velcro and a very nice foot bed (flexible and supportive). Those are my go-to for bargains ($10-15). I have not had great luck at Payless Shoes.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Osh Kosh & Carters are very similar, and thank you, Simon, for reminding me what I liked about them. A very flexible sole and Velcro closures for a custom fit.
    DS 2/09