Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NCGrandma is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default ISO little girls swimwear in slim sizes

For various reasons, DGD2 needs a 2-pc swimsuit ... but she's so tiny that the bottoms fall off! (In regular clothes, she wears a smaller size on the bottom than the top, but it's harder to find suitable swim separates.)

She wears a little girl size 4. LE is our go-to for swimwear and most clothes. Even though their size charts show little girl slim sizes, looks like they only make a few uniform style pants/skirts in slim, and definitely no swim stuff.

Any suggestions for other brands? Bonus points for deals!!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains mobile app

LL Bean sells some tops and bottoms as separates. My DDs can still wear their 4T bottoms. so I feel your pain. No deals that I know of right now.

ETA: Garnet Hill sells separates too. They should be doing their swimwear pre-season sale soon. But the super cheap prices won't be until mid-summer.
    Last edited by TwinFoxes; 03-01-2016 at 07:12 PM.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Garnet Hill sells separates too. They should be doing their swimwear pre-season sale soon. But the super cheap prices won't be until mid-summer.
    I just got a GH catalog in the mail -- their swim wear looks nice, and some of it is on pre-season sale, but still pretty pricey. But the exciting thing is that their little girls sizes start with 2, rather than 4 like most other places, and the size 2 waist is definitely enough smaller that it might work! Thanks for the suggestion!

MaiseyDog is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I feel you pain. I asked a very similar questions last year for DD2. What has worked for us is to use tankinis (one peices have never worked for us, but I've heard that Speedo suits are slimmer) and usually buy tops and bottoms separately. We had a garnet hill suit last year that held up pretty well and a suit from Tea Collection that was cute, but didn't hold up as well. I was also really suprised that the suit MIL bought at Justice which was not sized separately fit really well. It was a size smaller than her usually size, but it covered everything and didn't gap. Also held up really well. They start at a size 5 so probably not an option for this year, but wanted to throw it out there for others that might be in a similar boat.
    Margaret

DD1- 2/14/05
    DD2- 9/24/07

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

DD2 is the same way - she's actually had swim bottoms fall right off her in the pool! She has no butt! I buy the swim bottoms a whole size smaller (from Hanna or Tea). Old Navy used to make pretty slim swim wear when DD1 was little - might be worth checking.

for Sandy Hook

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    DD2 is the same way - she's actually had swim bottoms fall right off her in the pool! She has no butt! I buy the swim bottoms a whole size smaller (from Hanna or Tea). Old Navy used to make pretty slim swim wear when DD1 was little - might be worth checking.
    Yeah, I'm definitely afraid of her exiting the pool minus her bottoms!! Thanks for mentioning Hanna -- DGD1 lived in Hanna stuff until she outgrew their sizes, but DGD2 hasn't been as much a fan, and we never really got much swimwear there. Just looked at their swim separates -- they look good but pricey. Does anyone know if the Hanna outlets sell swim separates?

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    Yeah, I'm definitely afraid of her exiting the pool minus her bottoms!! Thanks for mentioning Hanna -- DGD1 lived in Hanna stuff until she outgrew their sizes, but DGD2 hasn't been as much a fan, and we never really got much swimwear there. Just looked at their swim separates -- they look good but pricey. Does anyone know if the Hanna outlets sell swim separates?

I got these at the outlets for i think $5 a piece! Get on their email list and watch out for their swim sale.

for Sandy Hook

I got these at the outlets for i think $5 a piece! Get on their email list and watch out for their swim sale.
    Yay! Is there a separate email list for the outlets? I used to get Hanna emails but unsubscribed when DGD1 outgrew their stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    Yay! Is there a separate email list for the outlets? I used to get Hanna emails but unsubscribed when DGD1 outgrew their stuff.

Just got an email that they'll have a big outlet sale starting tomorrow!

for Sandy Hook

Just got an email that they'll have a big outlet sale starting tomorrow!
    Great!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast