Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I just got speedos from Costco, they do fit more slim. Bought 2 sizes so that my skinny 7 year old can wear the small bottoms with the bigger top. It was still a cheaper way to get a fit than usual!

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Just got an email that they'll have a big outlet sale starting tomorrow!
    I had forgotten how much persistence is needed to get through to the outlets on sale day -- thank goodness for the west coast outlets!

Just ordered a swim skirt and a matching short-sleeved rash guard, the only ones on 70% off sale in the right sizes. They also had current season swim separates, but even on sale, still too pricey until we see if this is the answer.

Thanks again, city mama!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains mobile app

Yes to other suggestions with Garnet hill and hanna. Very nice to be able to order separate size for top and bottom

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    I had forgotten how much persistence is needed to get through to the outlets on sale day -- thank goodness for the west coast outlets!

Just ordered a swim skirt and a matching short-sleeved rash guard, the only ones on 70% off sale in the right sizes. They also had current season swim separates, but even on sale, still too pricey until we see if this is the answer.

Thanks again, city mama!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains mobile app
    How much was the rash guard? I need to try calling tomorrow.

for Sandy Hook

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    How much was the rash guard? I need to try calling tomorrow.
    The "short sleeved ruffled rash guard" was $12. (I'll be curious to see it because none of the current rash guards are ruffled.)

Sent from my iPod touch using Baby Bargains mobile app

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

My strategy (probably not ideal) has always been to wait for end of year clearance and buy multiple cheap sets wherever I can find them in multiple sizes. Then they will start out with the smallest bottom and size up for the top. Then I will look for longsleeve rashguards on clearance and just mix and match. We do like Garnet Hill and I stocked up when they had that crazy sale. We also like Hanna but definitely size down. I go with skort bottoms otherwise the smaller size just look too skimpy when you size down, IMO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2