Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Teen boy's haircut styles

DS is 13 and wants a haircut with a bit more style than the usual "little boy haircut" he's been getting. However, he is very low maintenance and I doubt I could get him to use product on a regular basis. He has pretty thick straight hair. Any suggestions for sites to go to to get ideas for haircuts, or pics of haircuts you love? I've looked at some but nothing has jumped out at me. It's been almost two months since it's been cut so he has some to work with right now, but it's pretty much sticking out everywhere at this point. Hoping to go to the salon this weekend and we're going on vacation in a week so I'd like it to look semi-decent by then for photos even if we are in a "growing out" phase.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Mine is not into product or really styling it. We go to my salon though and the stylists make it look good. . I'd just lay out your needs to them. If they are good, they'll figure out a plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS has similar hair--thick and straight-- and a great haircut. Google Romeo Beckham. It can be worn down or up with a little glue.

Not sure about the style part, but my DS1 who is 7 is very picky about his cut. He has really thick hair and will only get a scissor cut. That keeps the hair from sticking out when it grows out.
    DS1 - 08
    DS2 - 11

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    DS has similar hair--thick and straight-- and a great haircut. Google Romeo Beckham. It can be worn down or up with a little glue.
    Awesome, thank you. I think that style could definitely work for him.

Quote Originally Posted by chottumommy View Post
    Not sure about the style part, but my DS1 who is 7 is very picky about his cut. He has really thick hair and will only get a scissor cut. That keeps the hair from sticking out when it grows out.
    I think they buzz the sides and use scissors on top right now. Hopefully leaving it a bit longer on top will help even more.

My DS is 12. He also has thick hair that is mostly straight. He won't use product. He decided at the beginning of the school year to get an undercut. It is super short on the sides and back and long on top. The top has grown so long now it is longer than his chin. When asked how long he plans to grow it, I get a shoulder shrug. He loves it because no one else has it. I don't mind, I think it actually looks pretty cool. He does have to pull it back for activities.
    https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP....9&rs=0&p=0&r=0
    https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP....9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

Barb

Thanks, good to know an undercut works with his hair type. I think he will probably end up with some version of one, essentially longer on top and shorter on sides.

The undercut is pretty common here and what my boys have as well. DS1 also has a "hard part" which has become very popular among the teen set.
    ~Leslie

Ryan 8/00

Matthew 2/03

"We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation.It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path."~ Paulo Coelho

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My soon to be 11 year old has a modified 'hard part'. I basically buzzed his back and sides but faded the sides into the longer top. The right side is shorter because that is where he parts his hair.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast