scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Ideas for toy storage for new basement

The title says it all. We are trying to organize our newly finished basement. We have purged a lot but still may need some type of toy storage unit... Hit me with your ideas!
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

Following!

Sent from my C6530N using Tapatalk

The Expedit, now sold as Kallax From Ikea is great. A lot of people also like trofast. I also like using benches that flip up for storage.
    DS 5/09

I was worried that the Kallax cubes might be too small but I'm starting to think they will work. I'm wondering 2 things now... Should I get an actual Kallax and pay the crazy shipping it should I find a target or Walmart knockoff. My other question is 4x 4 or 5x5? The 5x5 seems huge and that is a lot of little space...
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I like the 2x2 or 2x4 so they are low and kids can reach everything and they are not as enticing for climbing and do not have to be anchored to wall (depending on set up & kids ages). Definitely look for knock offs if no IKEA nearby.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

how far is ikea? i would wait and get the 5x5 on the next drive past one, or make a detour. they hold so much.

Quote Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
    I like the 2x2 or 2x4 so they are low and kids can reach everything and they are not as enticing for climbing and do not have to be anchored to wall (depending on set up & kids ages). Definitely look for knock offs if no IKEA nearby.
    This is exactly why dh prefers the 4x 4. We will have it teathered but I'm not sure the kids can reach the top of a 5 x 5. Plus I don't want the little guy climbing.

It it looks like it would be $100ish to ship... The nearest ikea is 2 hours away but not in a direction we go ever (they are building one near my mom, 2 hours the other way, but I don't know when it will be done.)
    Dh actually thinks once you factor gas and time $100 extra isn't bad...
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13